SAR-1 "violent gunsmith"#2

PDA

telewinz
March 22, 2003, 11:25 AM
I have been experimenting with turning my Sar-1 into a scoped mini-sniper rifle (see the thread"violent gunsmith") I found that the Romanian thumbhole stock still needed a little more modification for a proper fit as far as the eye relief is concerned. I recently got rid of two Mas 49/56 rifles but I kept the slip-on recoil pads that came with them. I put the 1st pad on and & was rewarded with a near perfect fit and solution. I looked at the markings on the rear of the pad and there was a number 1 inprinted, hmmmm :scrutiny: so I grabbed the other MAS recoil pad and sure enough it was marked #2, I put it on and sure enough it gives an extra 1/2 inch in length. So those of you trying to get proper eye relief for using those russian POSP(?) side mount scopes, just locate a surplus #2 MAS recoil pad, its just about a perfect fit and solution without the use of a screwdriver or hammer. Looks kind of neat too.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "SAR-1 "violent gunsmith"#2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gconan
March 22, 2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up:)

If you enjoyed reading about "SAR-1 "violent gunsmith"#2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!