Possible pro RKBA movie

PDA

Ransom
July 22, 2005, 06:25 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

I caught the Trailer and it looks....kinda strange. But in the trailer one line stood out. something to the effect of:

"The people shouldnt fear the government, the government should fear the people."

It looks interesting and might be worth a look.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible pro RKBA movie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jobu07
July 22, 2005, 06:32 PM
I can't comment too much about the movie, haven't heard a thing about it. But I see Natalie Portman plays a lead character... ;)

Chipperman
July 22, 2005, 06:52 PM
V for Vendetta is a very cool graphic novel. I have it at home.
I hope they do it justice.

ObeOne
July 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
The movie is based of a British graphic novel V for Vendetta. It was written in the late 1980's. Very dark and it dealt with the loss of freedom. Should be interesting......
Obe One

carebear
July 22, 2005, 06:57 PM
Read one review where they talk about a Fascist government in London.... being attacked by terrorists.

I think they missed the point of view issue a little. :rolleyes:

Cesiumsponge
July 22, 2005, 07:27 PM
The movie sounds interesting. I wonder if it is too edgy to get wide release. A lot of film directors removed anything WTC related after 9-11 as it was "insensitive" and not PC. I remember Battle Royale wasn't exactly accepted with open arms and was never shown in mainstream theaters in the US to my knowledge.

Check out one of the gems on the IMDB forum for the movie

Promotion of terrorism?
Rebelling against the government (insurgents in Iraq)
Bearded guy as idol (Al Quida guy in Iraq)

hifi
July 22, 2005, 07:30 PM
"Bearded guy as idol (Al Quida guy in Iraq)"

Another genius. I can't believe he also managed to put fighting against the government and Iraqi insurgents together. I hope the nurse gave him a cookie.

Justin
July 22, 2005, 07:32 PM
V for Vendetta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta) was originally a graphic novel by Alan Moore.

His stuff is generally anti-authoritarian, but leans left. Generally I wouldn't hold out much hope for an adaptation of a movie based on Moore's work because Hollywood generally mangles it beyond all conceivable levels of stupidity. (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen being the most offensive example.)

Still, with the Wachowski brothers helming the thing, perhaps we'll get lucky.

veloce851
July 22, 2005, 11:39 PM
They finally have their trailers working on the movie's site...
Natalie Portman *homer drewl* (http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/)

thereisnospoon
July 23, 2005, 08:43 AM
I can't get the trailer to work, but with Natalie as eye candy and the W brothers leading the way, maybe we'll get a decent flic.

As to other W brother productions, see my screen name...

clipse
July 23, 2005, 11:27 AM
I'm having troube seeing Agent Smith as anything but Agent Smith. :)

Dionysusigma
July 23, 2005, 10:26 PM
clipse: I'm having troube seeing Agent Smith as anything but Agent Smith. :)

Have you never seen Lord of the Rings? :scrutiny:

Looks like the movie's gonna be a mix of Equilibrium, the Matrix quintilogy, and the Phantom of the Opera. I can't wait. :D

Justin
July 23, 2005, 11:19 PM
Oh, and for the history geeks, the protagonist/vigilante is supposed to look like Guy Fawkes.

The Viking
July 24, 2005, 08:18 AM
I have big expectations for this movie. I loved the graphic novel, and I hope the movie can do the novel justice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible pro RKBA movie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!