Another new gun movie

PDA

carebear
July 22, 2005, 06:37 PM
Not that I can recall the name. Saw the preview yesterday while waiting for Mr. & Mrs. Smith to start.

Looks like Viggo Mortenson is a cafe owner who ends up shooting two armed robbers (with one guy's own 1911 if I caught it right), he actually takes them from being covered.

I was all excited because, at first, I thought it was an update of Hemingway's "The Killers"; then I thought it might actually be just a "normal guy done good" film. Which the world (or me at least) is more than due for.

Then there comes in the Ed whatever guy implying the Vigster is an amnesiac agent or some such. Might just be a twisteroo tho.

Anyway. Good use of improvised weapons and non-standard shooting positions as well as good accuracy in the trailer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another new gun movie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nomadboi
July 22, 2005, 06:53 PM
A History of Violence.

dk-corriveau
July 22, 2005, 06:56 PM
The trailer looks interesting. Here is a write-up:

"A History of Violence" stars Viggo Mortensen as a pillar of a small town community who runs a diner and lives a happy and quiet life with his wife (Maria Bello) and two children. But their lives are forever changed when Mortensen thwarts an attempted robbery and is lauded as a hero by the media, attracting the attention of some mobsters (William Hurt and Ed Harris) who believe he is someone else.

carebear
July 22, 2005, 07:08 PM
Ahh, the old "retired hitman" theme.

Thanks for filling in my gaps. :D

No_Brakes23
July 22, 2005, 07:18 PM
Not a new plot at all, I think Long Kiss Goodnight was one of the more recent ones. (Although that was 9 years ago.)

Still looks worth watching though.

carebear
July 22, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ahhh, but that's if Ed and William are correct. It could be a twist ending.

(Although, since Sham-a-lam-a-ding-dong isn't the director/producer a twist ending is not a done deal :D )

sumpnz
July 22, 2005, 07:46 PM
Too bad Viggo is such a moonbat. It kills my enjoyment of his movies.

NMshooter
July 22, 2005, 08:34 PM
There you go, getting all our hopes up...

:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Another new gun movie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!