Exscuse me Reverand, But that's a dang nice M4

PDA

Smoke
July 22, 2005, 07:02 PM
I met a man a few years ago that shared a common interest in guns. WE talked at length about all things that go boom and the necessary accoutrements they require.

Needless to say a friendship developed and he is a very interesting guy. He moved here from AZ where he had acquired a little money. Getting burned out on the real estate trade and after what could only be called a nasty divorce, he thought something was missing from his life.

SO he thought to learn a little something about religion. Being a rather bright individual with the time and money, he sought out to learn about Christianity by going to the seminary. He thought if it wasn't for him, he'd just quit but would have the knowledge he sought. Well, turns out he completed seminary school but returned to the real estate business on a smaller scale.

Several years go by and he's doing a good business and I see him less and less. Until today. Happened to run into him at the local livestock show.
He immediately inquires about my latest gun acquisitions and then we discuss the M4gery he is having built, (This is his 7th AR) and he tells me about the walk-in vault he has just built into his home.

After we cover the bases on the guns he comments that he has been spending a lot of time in Colorado...(I instantly hate him for that :p ) and as we talk more I find out he is serving as pastor of a church in Southwestern Colorado.

Sure wish he had taken over the local Methodist church instead of traveling back and forth to CO. :D

My kinda preacher.

Smoke

If you enjoyed reading about "Exscuse me Reverand, But that's a dang nice M4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
July 22, 2005, 07:07 PM
There's preachers and preachers Roger - we have one grade A1 gunny preacher here of course - and this guy sounds like he is in same league! :)

''Walk-in vault'' - oh my - I wish!

Larry Ashcraft
July 22, 2005, 07:48 PM
''Walk-in vault'' - oh my - I wish!
Actually Chris, I'm building one too. Filling it, however, will be a different story. ;)

So Smoke, whereabouts in SW Colorado does your buddy preach?

P95Carry
July 22, 2005, 07:54 PM
Larry - if I had space to build one it would not matter too much about filling it - literally - but I would seriously consider making it my new office - putting puter and stuff in there.

I mean, what is better than a working environment - surrounded by ''friends''.? ;) :D

stellarpod
July 23, 2005, 08:57 AM
Interesting story. My father was a Methodist preacher, growing up not far from SW Colorado in Aztec, New Mexico. He was also an avid hunter and shooting enthusiast.

Can't really blame your guy for taking a church in SW Colorado if the opportunity availed itself.

stellarpod

Smoke
July 23, 2005, 10:40 AM
Dolores. Though I don't know which church.

The Kimber Ultra Carry CDP I own was one he bought. Never shot it....not even once. He has two consecutively numbered Pre-ban Colt AR-15's that he tried to sell me during the ban. (not as impressive now...) Glad I waited and didn't pay what he wanted. But the guy knows is sh...ummm....stuff.

Smoke

Larry Ashcraft
July 23, 2005, 12:59 PM
Dolores
I suppose he has informed you that Dolores County is where most of the record mulies come from. My dad shot one there in 1958 that was fourth in the B&C records at the time.

Then again, maybe he has reason to withhold that information from you. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Exscuse me Reverand, But that's a dang nice M4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!