Would you support?............

PDA

cslinger
July 24, 2005, 12:01 AM
Would you support gunning down a group of folks, who are almost certainly gang bangers, hanging out in an alley smoking and shooting the stuff simply because chances are they will end up killing somebody in the future?

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you support?............" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
July 24, 2005, 12:04 AM
Good heavens, no! Silly question, isn't it? If you look back at our own youth, any of us who are honest will admit to doing things that were silly, even illegal, in our attempts to be "cool". Would that have justified someone shooting us, just because our then-present behavior might have led to a less-than-perfect adulthood?

The only reason to shoot anybody is to stop the immediate and otherwise unavoidable threat they are offering to your own life and/or health. Anything else is too ghastly to contemplate.

cracked butt
July 24, 2005, 12:04 AM
An emphatic no.

hanging out in an alley smoking and shooting the stuff

I did a lot of the sma when I was a teenager because there wasn't much else to do.

Cesiumsponge
July 24, 2005, 12:05 AM
Punishing people for crimes that would be committed in the future? Hmm...I think sci-fi books and movies have been made on this very subject. I can't say I've given it much thought so I couldn't give a well-reasoned answer (yet). Offhand, I couldn't see myself doing it.

Justin
July 24, 2005, 12:07 AM
Absolutely not.
This thread is anathema to THR's dedication to advancing the causes of gun owners, and advocating the legal use of firearms.

Related Discussion here:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=148450

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you support?............" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!