Gun Books?

PDA

rgs1975
July 24, 2005, 07:24 PM
I'm looking for gun catalogues. I used to get the "Shooter's Bible" all the time but haven't been in the hobby for a long while and can't seem to find it now. Is it still published and if so where can I get one online? If it's not around anymore is there a comparable book? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Books?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
July 24, 2005, 07:26 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0883172860/qid=1122247553/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_ur_2_1/002-1976763-6688823

rgs1975
July 24, 2005, 08:12 PM
Thank you sir! 2005 Bible being shipped tomorrow :)

22-rimfire
July 24, 2005, 08:25 PM
I pick up older Gun Digests and Shooters Bibles from ebay auctions. They tend to be pretty cheap. The problem is that take so much space on the shelf! I also acquire firearm company catalogs both as an information source and for their collector value. One more thing to shovel money into.

One reference that is very good to get broad information on guns is the "Standard Catalog of Firearms". It is good for giving you most of the different models with pictures. I wouldn't recommend buying it every single year, but getting one every couple of years is good. Gun pricing tends to be on the conservative side. Shooters Bibles and Gun Digests are good too as I like the articles. From a gun model dating perspective, you can be mislead by the pictures as they tend to represent the year prior to the year of the book and sometimes old data is transferred from year to year that may not be up to date at that time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Books?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!