No locked threads today?

PDA

Brad Johnson
March 22, 2003, 04:17 PM
After all the hullabaloo the last couple of days concerning OT threads being closed I was suprised to see that there are not one, not two, but SEVEN off-topic threads in General Discussion today (and that's just on the first page!). Oh, and none of them have been closed.

Sigh... :rolleyes:

You know, I don't mind that my "Sears being patriotic" thread was locked as being off topic. After all, it was. I DO mind, however, when the moderators of this, or any, forum make a big stink about some particular issue and then immediately and effectively ignore it. If the moderators want THR to be only firearms and directly-firearms-related items then, as the commercial says, just do it. Enforce the policy correctly and consistently. Don't raise a big ruckus about it one day (while closing threads left and right) and then completely ignore it the next.

Sorry to have to point out the obvious, but someone has to (and I stopped putting up with petty BS like this several decades ago).

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "No locked threads today?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don Gwinn
March 22, 2003, 04:27 PM
You do realize, of course, that the moderators of this site volunteer their time in addition to working full-time jobs? Not to mention incidentals like raising children, renovating houses, and hosting in-laws. So you understand, of course, that we are not paid professionals and are not here all the time--or even most of the time?

Just checking. In future, please address any concerns you may have about any specific thread to one of the moderators listed as working in the forum by email or PM. I take a dim view of having anyone called out on THR, and moderators are no exception. And it irritates me to no end to have my friends' hard work dismissed as "petty B.S."

Maybe I'm just irritable.

MitchSchaft
March 22, 2003, 04:29 PM
It's nice to know that some people have such little time on their hands. Stop the BS, use your time with something useful like writing one of your representatives or something.

Brad Johnson
March 22, 2003, 04:35 PM
Maybe I'm just irritable.
That makes two of us - too much coffee today, I guess.

I didn't mean to imply that the folks who run the sight don't do their fair share. I just thought it was piculiar to see all the OT posts given the ruckus raised about it over the last few days.

Brad

Brad Johnson
March 22, 2003, 04:42 PM
It's nice to know that some people have such little time on their hands. Stop the BS, use your time with something useful like writing one of your representatives or something.

Already did. Put the letters in the mail about 10 this morning. :D

Brad

p.s. - Today I have also: been by the local womens' shelter to help them pick up trash on the campus; dropped off some clothes at Goodwill; helped put together a wheelchair ramp, and; filled my face full of Krispy Kreme donuts that I bought from a church fund raiser sale that I drove all the way across town for (and yes, they were quite tasty :D )

So what have you done for YOUR community today?

Oleg Volk
March 22, 2003, 04:47 PM
I repeat again: we make no claims to perfection or efficiency, only to trying to do our best. Consistency and prompt action are desired by all involved, but we are dealing with real humans here...

If something truly bugs you, use "report this post" button, otherwise read on-topic posts and ignore the rest...we'll get to OT posts as soon as we can or, if they are dropping off at the bottom already, just let them be.

Brad Johnson
March 22, 2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Oleg. Keep up the good work.

Brad

sm
March 22, 2003, 05:11 PM
I for one appreciate the hard work Oleg,Runt, the mods and everyone contributes to THR. Thanks to all of you.

Brad, FYI and my opinion only OK?

See THR sprung from the TFL. TFL was a social experiment started By Rich. TFL had over 16K members, and became a role model and set the standards for responsible firearms forums. Rich closed TFL to persue other venues. Oleg, and countless others giving time, money, experience , feverishly scrambled to assemble THR in record time. Unselfish in giving these people did this not only to give the TFL members a home, but to provide and carry on the Tradition and Standards set by TFL.

A Search of TFL one will find those whom sought the truth, were anti-gun, just flat didn't know "c'mere from sic'em" when it pertained to firearms, personal responsibily, RKBA, the Constitution, or BoR. Just a few examples. Interesting thing is some members and mods were once anti's.

THR accepted the challenge to take what was learned from TFL and improve upon, and raise the standards.

Involvement due to attraction-not promotion.

People come here from both sides .

So IMO the reason we have the membership and involvement is because we are obviously providing what the people want.
We take care of our own, and not just Oleg, and the mods, the members do also.

So I'm just a small fish whom joined TFL late , came to THR in the plank stages, I may not always be agreed with, I may be asked to edit (knock on wood haven't yet), or anything else. I personally don't mind. I chose to accept the terms of membership, I also chose to take THE HIGH ROAD. Not only here on the forum, but in my everyday dealings.

I'm just trying to establish a picture if you will of what position this forum seeks to have in the mind of the viewer.

Best.

tyme
March 22, 2003, 08:24 PM
You do realize this is *SATURDAY*?

Good. Move along.

seeker_two
March 22, 2003, 10:34 PM
If it makes you feel better, I got one locked today.

Tamara's on the job... (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14822)

Happy now...:scrutiny:

yankytrash
March 23, 2003, 01:24 PM
we make no claims to perfection or efficiencyCan't all be as perfect as me is. :D

"Honey, grab my pistol for me, wouldja? Loaded? Naa, it ain't loaded..." :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "No locked threads today?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!