VEPR Slings

PDA

bratch
July 25, 2005, 10:12 PM
I got my VEPRS in and now need slings. Any reccomendations? I'm not sure which style I want

If you enjoyed reading about "VEPR Slings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dorian
July 26, 2005, 10:17 PM
You said VEPRs? As in, more than one?

My eyes are turning green! :D

http://www.spectergear.com/slings.htm

I love the CST sling that I have. I use it on my issue M-16 and my personal M4gery ;)

And as you can see, every sling they sell they have for the AK 47

bratch
July 26, 2005, 11:08 PM
Yup just picked up a .223 and a 7.62x39. :evil:

Correia
July 27, 2005, 06:27 PM
Bratch, I'm glad you like them.

I'm embarrased to say that I don't know what brand sling I'm using! :D It is big and brown, and works well. No name on it though. Picked it up a long time ago, and can't remember where I got it.

For your info, what I've found is that slings from the M16A2 that wrap around the handguard instead of clipping to the front sight post or side mounted sling swivel work on the Vepr. You just put them over the handguard and gas tube like you would on a full size M16.

RTFM
July 28, 2005, 09:20 AM
Help me pronounce VEPR my eyes see the P before the R but my mouth pronounces it VERP Like Burp.

One of those annoying things that just has me befuddled.

RTFM

Correia
July 28, 2005, 09:42 AM
Vep - Er

RTFM
July 28, 2005, 09:44 AM
Thank-you. :)

Dorian
July 28, 2005, 06:03 PM
ive been saying "Veep-er" ;)

Another thing I like about those slings I showed above, is that you can use the sling to carry the rifle vertically on your back like a backpack, or you can use em like a regular sling. Pretty versatile.

If you enjoyed reading about "VEPR Slings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!