Things that make you go, Huh?

PDA

DWS1117
July 26, 2005, 12:08 AM
I was skimming through a Sportsmen's Guide Shooters catalog that came in today's mail when I come across a listing for a non working replica of a Thompson sub gun for $1,197!!! :what: :confused: :what:

Do people really pay this kind of cash for a fake gun? If so, I want what they are smoking.

Why would anyone seriously buy something like this? Coming from a theatrical background I can see where something like this would be useful as a prop, but not for almost $1200.

I just don't get it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Things that make you go, Huh?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
priv8ter
July 26, 2005, 12:53 AM
I don't know...ever since I saw my mom pay 3 figure prices for Beanie Babies at the Height of the fad...I don't question merchandise prices anymore.

What makes me sad is I'm sure AT Least one of the people who does buy one, will do so with the goal in mind of making it work again...

greg

If you enjoyed reading about "Things that make you go, Huh?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!