bar lightweight stalker

PDA

feudist
July 26, 2005, 05:36 PM
hello,
i'm thinking about getting one of these in .308.are these rifles capable of heavy shooting?by this i mean say,a thousand rounds a year?or will that pound them into the gundoctor?will these things shoot surplus 7.62x51?looking for an alabama white-tail/300 yard gun i can practice with.also,can you clean these effectively without a detailed strip?

If you enjoyed reading about "bar lightweight stalker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TMM
July 26, 2005, 06:39 PM
i personally would not use an aluminum reciever... i've seen (not in real life, tho) 3 FAL's with aluminum recievers than blew up after about 100 rounds...

don't know if the construction is different or somthing... but i like steel, wood, and polymer.... and aluminum for parts with no stress.

~TMM

feudist
July 29, 2005, 07:29 AM
tmm thanks for the reply.
anyone else care to weigh in?specifically about bar hard use capability?
tia,
hugh

Bigfoot
July 29, 2005, 11:35 PM
The aluminum reciever isn't stressed, the bolt locks into the barrel. That's how the 300WM and 338WM guns hold up so well. Get it, I don't think you will find a better rifle for fast second shots like hunting hogs, but the newer Shorttrac is even lighter than the Stalker.

My 30-06 aluminum Stalker strips down easily in under 2 minutes.

Surplus ammo will be fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "bar lightweight stalker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!