Oh, what my wife said - FUNNY!!!

PDA

Frandy
July 29, 2005, 01:33 PM
Okay, I've hinted at this before or maybe even said it outright, but here it is: My wife doesn't really like firearms. Bad family history with suicides by handguns, blah blah blah blah. Be that as it may, I own and shoot the guns and fortunately, she is even more than tolerant of it. I don't have to walk on eggshells, but I also know that she isn't the one with which to share any firearm enthusiams... It's all okay... Really...

You need that background...and here's the reason for the post...

I'm at work right now see, and I get a call from my wife who just left the grocery store we shop at and called me on her cell phone. I pick up the phone to hear her say:

I just left Lowe's Foods and the place was full of yard apes. The parents had no control of them whatsoever. I sure could have used an automatic weapon in there!

HA! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Oh, what my wife said - FUNNY!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mzmtg
July 29, 2005, 01:35 PM
In AL, "yard apes" doesnt refer to children in general...

...it's more specific...

Frandy
July 29, 2005, 01:38 PM
Where I come from it means all children of a certain age...older than rug rats. :D

Polishrifleman
July 29, 2005, 01:39 PM
I had to laugh, "Yard Apes". I guess I am guilty of having two of them, fortunately for my wife and I they turn into little angels at the store or the swift hand of justice comes down on them. :D You might tell her a sniper rifle with position covering the candy isle might be more appropriate. :neener:

mzmtg
July 29, 2005, 01:53 PM
I call 'em "ankle bitters."

GLOCK19XDSC
July 29, 2005, 01:57 PM
crumb-snatchers

Gus Dddysgrl
July 29, 2005, 02:01 PM
yard apes is a new one to me, but I will now put it in my list of things to call youngin's.

Gus

Cazach
July 29, 2005, 02:02 PM
curtain climbers!

OEF_VET
July 29, 2005, 02:02 PM
Carpet Commandos

Tylden
July 29, 2005, 02:23 PM
When I was a kid, my big brother and his friends used to call me Viet Cong lol

K-Romulus
July 29, 2005, 02:25 PM
some of you guys better watch the use of this term. It's akin to "Porch Monkeys," etc., in many places. That's what I understand the meaning to be . . . just saying . . .:uhoh:

foghornl
July 29, 2005, 02:26 PM
Munchkins

RTFM
July 29, 2005, 02:27 PM
Bad family history with suicides by handguns, blah blah blah blah.

Oh feel the compassion!!! lol

BTW, Kids=Little B@$*****

richyoung
July 29, 2005, 02:30 PM
"YARD APE" - term for rambunctious children, not racial specific, but slightly derogatory - see also "booger fingered rug rat", "crumb snatcher", "cookie cruncher", "ankle biter", etc...

conkmwc
July 29, 2005, 02:33 PM
"Dress Weights"

NineseveN
July 29, 2005, 03:36 PM
Yard Ape means the same thing as porch monkey here in PA, I would strongly caution against it, especially on Southwestern PA.

psyopspec
July 29, 2005, 03:55 PM
I'm more of a "linoleum lizards" type of guy myself.

DWS1117
July 29, 2005, 04:11 PM
crumb-snatchers

Not my little brat. He won't let anything sweet even get to the crumb stage.

Rupestris
July 29, 2005, 04:14 PM
A friend of mine calls 'em sex (or a more colorful four letter word) trophies. :rolleyes:

Chipperman
July 29, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I've got three of them. Let me tell you from a guy who knows.

They are NOT children; they are evil spirits covered with a thin layer of dirt. :evil:

EVIL5LITER
July 29, 2005, 06:26 PM
Not to try and be excessive, but Yard Apes is usually used in the same context around here as Cheetah chaser, spear chucker, porch monkey, etc.

Not a very PC term.

Frandy
July 29, 2005, 08:08 PM
You're the second guy from Alabama who has said this. Well, not where I come from.

Biker
July 29, 2005, 08:20 PM
We call 'em nose-pickers.
Biker

pax
July 29, 2005, 08:22 PM
Well, the first post was gun-related, anyway.

Closed as off topic.

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Oh, what my wife said - FUNNY!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!