Senate Passes Gun Liability Limitations

PDA

Drue
July 29, 2005, 07:55 PM
The Senate passed the bill to protect gun makers and dealers from civil lawsuits from victems of the unlawful use of a lawful product.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050729/ap_on_go_co/senate_guns

I wonder how the liberal press would feel if they were sued because some dirtbag used crumpled up newspaper to start a fire and burn down a building?

Thank God!

Drue

If you enjoyed reading about "Senate Passes Gun Liability Limitations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MountainPeak
July 29, 2005, 10:54 PM
THIS IS HUGE. Many of us worked for a LONG time. It's a blow against gun control by lawsuit, and a protection from liability based price increases. WE SHOULD ALL BE CELEBRATING! Just goes to show how clueless some gun owners are? You know who you are. ONE for the good guy's. Great day!!!!! :D

boofus
July 29, 2005, 10:55 PM
I celebrated by getting a new Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4x scope for my FNC! Tommorrow... range report. :evil:

Pilgrim
July 29, 2005, 11:19 PM
Where did the mount for your FNC come from?

Pilgrim

boofus
July 29, 2005, 11:20 PM
www.dsarms.com

http://www.finnrappel.fi/21176.JPG
It's the Brugger + Thomet mount

Boats
July 29, 2005, 11:25 PM
From the linked article:
But Sen. Edward Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass., and other opponents said the gun industry needs no such special protection. "This bill has one motivation payback by the Bush administration and the Republican leadership of the Congress to the powerful special interest of the National Rifle Association," he said.

He says that like it's a bad thing. :confused: :D

MountainPeak
July 29, 2005, 11:31 PM
www.nra.org to see how your Senators voted on the bill and the various amendments. Good job NRA, GOA, JPFO, and others!!!!!!!!!

ewb45acp
July 29, 2005, 11:32 PM
I think I'll go buy a new (or used, maybe) gun next week to celebrate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Senate Passes Gun Liability Limitations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!