Assault weapons ban triggers NRA cancellation

PDA

4thHorseman
July 30, 2005, 01:49 AM
Assault weapons ban triggers NRA cancellation
Go and vote at CNN web site

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/18/nra.ban.ap/index.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Assault weapons ban triggers NRA cancellation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Taurus 66
July 30, 2005, 01:59 AM
Go and vote at CNN web site

Now why would I want to vote on that issue with those who would only turn, wrench, and twist the factual end result?? And besides, there isn't a gun that should be labeled "assault weapon". It's either a machine gun, semi automatic, full automatic, revolver, etcetera. If the media knew what the hell they were talking about when it involves guns and the 2nd Amendment, I just might vote.

Exposure
July 30, 2005, 09:37 PM
the ban will make the city safer

How does disarming law abiding citizens make the city "safer"?

The latest law attempts to avoid that by spelling out a distinction between legal sporting weapons and military-style assault weapons.

Thank God for distinctions between "sporting" weapons and "assault" weapons. Those "sporting" weapons are so much less lethal, I'm glad they still let the peons have them. :p

4thHorseman
July 30, 2005, 09:44 PM
Now why would I want to vote on that issue with those who would only turn, wrench, and twist the factual end result?? And besides, there isn't a gun that should be labeled "assault weapon". It's either a machine gun, semi automatic, full automatic, revolver, etcetera. If the media knew what the hell they were talking about when it involves guns and the 2nd Amendment, I just might vote.

Yeah, I can understand.
There is no reason to vote. No reason to vote for senators or representitives either. All they do is carry out deals for there friends. They never help the common folk.
No reason to be a member of any gun group either. All they do is take our money and deliver empty promises.
I think you are right. I'm gonna just sit right here behind my computer and complain about things too.

Standing Wolf
July 30, 2005, 09:54 PM
So-called "voting" at the Clinton News Network doesn't count. The only votes that count are those conducted in polling booths—and then only when representatives of the Democratic (sic) party aren't engaged in massive, systematic vote fraud.

4thHorseman
July 30, 2005, 09:56 PM
Yep.

Taurus 66
July 30, 2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I can understand.
There is no reason to vote. No reason to vote for senators or representitives either. All they do is carry out deals for there friends. They never help the common folk. No reason to be a member of any gun group either. All they do is take our money and deliver empty promises.
I think you are right. I'm gonna just sit right here behind my computer and complain about things too.

That's all you do? Do you just sit behind a computer and complain about things? You need to get out more (aside from voting booths however). No matter who we vote for, it turns out to be the same in the end. And you're absolutely right when you said "All they do is take money and deliver empty promises." When is the last time you wrote to a US or state senator and received a reply message? Or how about a coordinated mass emailing involving any particular issue by millions of "bottom of the food chain" common folk? Those in power are not in power for your benefit at all. The sooner you learn this, the faster you can get on with what life is supposed to be. They are there for their own interests, and "Screw You!" is what they have to say.

If I'm wrong, please explain why G.W. Bush, the House and Senate have sold us down the river with CAFTA (as if NAFTA wasn't bad enough)? Please explain to me why after tens of millions of Americans wanted the borders closed with an increased number of National Guard troops and Minutemen along the US/Mexican border, the president and his henchmen ignored the pleas and kept it open? And why does this so called 'consevative based' president label Minutemen as vigilantes?? Why did G.W. Bush sign off all debts between the US and Africa with the stroke of a pen? The bottom of the food chain here (common folk ... and tax paying too) didn't want that to happen! Why did Bill Clinton give away ICBM technology to the Chinese? One word - "Money". It can buy anything and the value of your life and family doesn't even come close in comparison.

From others' political vantage points, perhaps there's smoke. My point of vision is clear on all sides. I'm not blinded by their trickery or deceit.

4thHorseman
July 30, 2005, 10:50 PM
Taurus 66, I am humbled by your wise ways.....oh great one.

Taurus 66
July 30, 2005, 11:23 PM
You oughta be 4thHorseman!

mnrivrat
July 30, 2005, 11:40 PM
I was a little confused - I voted Bullseye , but if they shot them in the foot I guess that would be a good start ! :evil:

MechAg94
July 31, 2005, 02:54 AM
They could move the event to Columbus, TX. Might not be enough room though. Only 3500 people in the town.

oct_97
July 31, 2005, 08:05 AM
I'm glad some of us do vote (Many people have died to allow us to do that) and support the NRA (Who else is effectively fighting for us, even Clinton said his biggest mistake was taking them on). I do not fauly others for their beliefs, that's what freedom is all about. Y'all have a nice day.

bpisler
July 31, 2005, 08:35 AM
Just voted
53% on target
47% shot in the foot

lwsimon
July 31, 2005, 09:31 PM
53-47 still. I smell a rigging!

Scottmkiv
August 1, 2005, 01:04 AM
Still 53-47.

If you enjoyed reading about "Assault weapons ban triggers NRA cancellation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!