FN vs Browning

PDA

Alan Fud
July 30, 2005, 10:35 AM
What is the relationship between Fabrique Nationale and Browning? In particular, when it comes to the Hi-Power?

Also, are other Browning handguns, FN guns or are they Browning guns?

If you enjoyed reading about "FN vs Browning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sylvilagus Aquaticus
July 30, 2005, 10:49 AM
FN owns the companies that are Browning and U.S. Repeating Arms, which makes Winchester firearms.

When you buy a new Browning HP, you are purchasing a FN HP with a higher level of finish.

Regards,
Rabbit.

iamkris
July 30, 2005, 11:00 AM
Mr. Rabbit is correct in all respects, with the exception of...

I bought a FN Hi_Power from CDNN with their polished blue finish. It is every bit the equal in fit and finish as my Browning HP ever was. Beautiful gun.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwD!AqwS1FSGAnigHgppWfYRkedM!sfv78HgehZsSHBhqPCMfrCsNxFbne4VRRjLTsD9MrWoucZFVRiZBZCzQqgyMlIaovPzYYa!9ztpUns/DCP_0989.JPG?dc=4675479253073328421
In general, though, FNs are the matte finish.

Alan Fud
July 30, 2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. So when I pick up my Browning Pro-9 that I have on lay-away, I'm really getting a FN.

Shweboner
July 31, 2005, 03:13 AM
So when I pick up my Browning Pro-9 that I have on lay-away, I'm really getting a FN.

the only difference is that you paid $200 more because it says "Browning" on it :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "FN vs Browning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!