What gun for Japanese Beetles?

PDA

Brandon
July 31, 2005, 09:59 AM
I was having serious thoughts about loading up with birdshot this morning. My strawberries and fruit trees are really hurting.

I have bagobugs in the neighbors yard, they are making a dent but the onslaught is huge. I have resorted to hand picking them and putting them in a clear bottle to die in the sun, then composting them.

If my local range didn't look down on shooting bottles/trash I would take them out for some "therapy".

If you enjoyed reading about "What gun for Japanese Beetles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mtnbkr
July 31, 2005, 10:22 AM
Ain't it the truth. They're wrecking havoc on my roses right now.

Chris

Barbara
July 31, 2005, 10:23 AM
This is the worst year I've had. They're in my beans, they're in my flowers.

Grrr..

280PLUS
July 31, 2005, 10:31 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=149501

do exactly what he says and about half way through the video you'll see a guy shooting a teeny tiny machine gun on top of a cooler. That would be the gun I would recommend!

;)

PX15
July 31, 2005, 10:35 AM
NAMBU............ (for minature Japanese Beetles - Baby NAMBU).

:cool:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.) JP

XLMiguel
July 31, 2005, 10:49 AM
If your garden has survived the fusilade, you'll have to go to the home store and get the appropriate bug spray to deal with the adults, along with the bag-a-bug thingies. To prevent them, you ( and your whole neighborhood) will need to put doen milky spore in the Spring to kill their larvae.

Mal H
July 31, 2005, 10:53 AM
Even though the title is a good attempt, this really isn't gun related. Sorry ... closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "What gun for Japanese Beetles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!