Another symptom of a nation in decline...

PDA

ebd10
August 1, 2005, 07:54 PM
...when 2 trusted institutions sink to depravity.

Report: Cops Helped Diocese Conceal Sex Abuse

Sunday, July 31, 2005

TOLEDO, Ohio Police helped the Catholic Diocese of Toledo (search) cover up sex abuse allegations for several decades, refusing to investigate or arrest priests suspected of molesting children, a newspaper reported Sunday.

The (Toledo) Blade, relying on interviews with former officers and a review of court and diocese records, found at least five instances since the 1950s of police covering up allegations of abuse.

Cops & Priests (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164331,00.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Another symptom of a nation in decline..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
August 1, 2005, 09:58 PM
Actually, that might be a symptom of a nation on the mend: we're at least exposing the rot of corruption to the bright light of day.

Don Gwinn
August 1, 2005, 10:08 PM
I'd like to think this thread could stay open. . . . but I think it's clear that it can't. I'm sorry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another symptom of a nation in decline..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!