Colorado Get Together III anybody?

PDA

Larry Ashcraft
August 2, 2005, 02:20 PM
Interest in doing this again?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=91907

My place is available of course, same deal as always. I'll provide the hamburgers, buns and sweet corn if available (last year we were about a week late for sweet corn).

Or if you guys would rather meet up someplace else, we'll be there.

This year I'll call the Sheriff's Dept. beforehand. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Get Together III anybody?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nate_m
August 2, 2005, 03:05 PM
Pueblo CO is about 5.5 hours away for me from Alb NM. I'd like to come but if it gets any further north I'll have to pass.

Dr.Rob
August 2, 2005, 03:07 PM
I'd hate to miss it a second time... let me know!

Larry Ashcraft
August 2, 2005, 03:20 PM
Oops, wrong link...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=100809

Any input on a date? August 27th or September 12th? September 3rd is Labor Day weekend.

Nate_m
August 2, 2005, 04:02 PM
you let people pitch up a tent at your place? ...or is there any campgrounds near? I think the 5.5 hour drive would be too much to go there and back in the same day.

Larry Ashcraft
August 2, 2005, 04:56 PM
you let people pitch up a tent at your place?
That would be fine, we have plenty of room. My brother lives in Q-Town (actually Tijeras), so we have made that trip numerous times.

Zak Smith
August 2, 2005, 05:04 PM
I'm booked solid from Aug 18th - 28th, and Sept 17-21st.

Zundfolge
August 2, 2005, 05:44 PM
Any time after Aug 22nd and I should be able to make it!

I like the idea of this being a regular old annual thing :D

WYO
August 2, 2005, 10:18 PM
August 27 works for me. September 12 is a Monday on my calendar, so I suspect you meant the 10th. The 10th is OK, too.

Larry Ashcraft
August 2, 2005, 10:32 PM
I suspect you meant the 10th
Duh, yes, whatever Saturday is (I guess I was looking at August). So, September 10th it is? Input please.

New twist. Bring your shotguns (I have extras). I'll have a couple throwers and some cases of clays. I have this new 28 ga I need to show off, and my Citori is in need of a good workout.

I've left a message for Crystal. I'm really hoping she will make it again this year. Good thing Sandy's not the jealous type. ;)

bratch
August 2, 2005, 10:35 PM
We've already had this discussion :(

Standing Wolf
August 2, 2005, 11:01 PM
I'll be there with bells on; clothes, too.

BozemanMT
August 2, 2005, 11:16 PM
I'm totally in. Maybe even get a chance to shoot some of these new toys I buy and put away (i know, sad huh?). Can i bring the new wife? she's totally hooked on the shotguns, (usually outshooting me)
Sept 10th doesn't work though, end of August works better.

Larry Ashcraft
August 2, 2005, 11:30 PM
I'll be there with bells on; clothes, too
Oh Lord, save us. SW, please be wearing clothes.

hkOrion
August 3, 2005, 12:06 AM
Clothes are optional? Count me in! Once you guys decide on a date, I'll see what I can do. I also got a couple of new toys this year, and would love to bring some down. Mainly vanilla stuff, but I loooove to shoot them.

Zundfolge
August 3, 2005, 12:26 AM
Clothes are optional? Count me in!
Dude! You need to check out the pictures from the last couple of get-togethers before you decide that clothing optional would be a good thing with this group ... lord knows you don't wanna see ME running around al natural :p

sscoyote
August 3, 2005, 01:56 AM
Hey Larry-- i'd like to come out with Vickie, and maybe Mom. Was thinking of bringing my new Sav. Striker 243 WSSM-- how far out can u shoot at your place? Maybe some archery gear for kids and all. I set up a huge styrofoam tgt. and put balloons up for the kids to shoot at-- it's a lot of fun. Have to be in the afternoon tho since i'll be in the middle of my stretch of graveyards.

WYO
August 3, 2005, 09:49 AM
If there's shotgunning (or black powder cannons) involved, our son will not want to miss it, so the 27th works better for us.

Larry Ashcraft
August 3, 2005, 04:46 PM
Sscoyote, there isn't anyplace to safely shoot long range at my place, but bring the archery stuff. My field is about seven acres so we can use that for the shotguns and archery. My berm in the back yard is only 25 yards, so we are pretty much limited to pistol calibers. Bring the Stryker anyway, I'm sure these guys will enjoy seeing some of your toys.

Any more preference on the date? I hate to leave anyone out, but it looks like we can't include everyone. :(

And if this bunch shows up nude, I'm leaving.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16583

:D

Sisco
August 5, 2005, 11:39 AM
I might be up for it. If you don't mind a Kansas flatlander joining in! :evil:
My job description changed and now I have weekends off so work won't be a problem.

hkOrion
August 5, 2005, 12:32 PM
okay - i'll find some pants. this whole working from home thing is liberating :eek: !

Billll
August 5, 2005, 03:45 PM
I'll bring the little BP cannon again if you like. If the cops get there before we pack up, they can shoot it this time. :)

I've got a pedal-powered air gun the kids might enjoy, too.

Billll

Justin
August 6, 2005, 07:10 PM
Heck yes, I'll be there. Fully clothed, too.

Hoser
August 10, 2005, 12:05 AM
Cant make it. I wish I could. Really. Have fun.

KriegHund
August 10, 2005, 12:10 AM
Ide be interestedif you will let me, or is it only people youve actually met in real life :) never shot a class 3...

Larry Ashcraft
August 10, 2005, 04:11 PM
Looks like August 27th works for more people. I really hate to leave Zak out though. You sure you can't make it buddy?

Billll: Yeah, bring the cannon, that was fun, and it assures that the cops will show up. :evil:

So is it the 27th?

I'll start PMing directions to whoever needs them.

P95Carry
August 10, 2005, 04:23 PM
Just charter me a plane Larry - and I'd be there like a shot (!).

I wish. Hope tho we'll see again some good pics of the event - at least that way I can feel just a tad involved. :)

Smoke
August 10, 2005, 06:37 PM
Just charter me a plane Larry - and I'd be there like a shot

Good idea, have it swing by the Bosque COunty International airport and I'll hop on too.

Smoke

WYO
August 10, 2005, 06:55 PM
I'm sure Larry will be glad to accommodate y'all if you PM him with your credit card info. :)

Larry Ashcraft
August 10, 2005, 08:02 PM
I'm sure Larry will be glad to accommodate y'all if you PM him with your credit card info.
You betcha! Chris and Smoke, I know a guy here who owns two Lear Jets. Charter fee is $1500 per hour. Maybe we could all chip in. :D

Menu change! Sandy says burgers are a pain, what with all the cooking and the junk that goes on them.

She is going to make up a mess of her famous Green Chili! Made with locally grown Pueblo Chiles and tomatoes.

We'll have a meat and cheese tray for the wimps among us. ;)

Hoser: I forgot to say earlier; Stay Safe, My Friend.

BozemanMT
August 10, 2005, 08:44 PM
if it's the 27th, the wife and I are in for sure. and yes, i'll need directions, and no, you can't see her naked either. (and nobody wants to see me naked. :what: :barf: :barf: :barf: )
What can we bring?

are we doing shotguns and pistols?
or just shotguns?
or just pistols?
or just abusing someone's class 3s? :evil:

Larry Ashcraft
August 10, 2005, 09:22 PM
"are we doing shotguns and pistols?
or just shotguns?
or just pistols?
or just abusing someone's class 3s?"

Shotguns and pistols, don't know anybody bringing class 3's this year. Bring maybe some 12 ga ammo, I've got extra shotguns. Maybe some clays.

The food should be covered, but if you want anything else, bring it.

And Brian, you better have some pants on. :D :barf:

Zundfolge
August 10, 2005, 09:30 PM
27th sounds great to me!

And chili ... yummmm ... we'll be a fragrant bunch, but whatchagonnado :evil:

So what should I bring? Sounds like the food is taken care of, so should I bring some soda or something?

Larry Ashcraft
August 10, 2005, 09:33 PM
so should I bring some soda or something?
Drinks are always good. And ice.

Zak Smith
August 10, 2005, 11:42 PM
Sorry Larry, the 27th is the last day of RM3G/Raton this year. Maybe next time.

Larry Ashcraft
August 13, 2005, 01:40 PM
I talked to old friend on the Sheriff's Dept today and he said he would like to come out, maybe with another officer or two.

He's a real gunnie and a retired SEAL, and he especially wants to see Billll's mortar.

We might replay this scene again: :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16586

eerw
August 13, 2005, 02:01 PM
Hi Larry..

not sure if I will be able to make it or not..will be out of town that week..but may get back in time..can you PM me directions just in case...sure would hate to miss..always a fun time..

Standing Wolf
August 13, 2005, 10:36 PM
I didn't mean to start anything weird about nudity. Honest. It might be different if there were a beach, but...

The 27th sounds like a winner to me. I'll probably bring cookies, albeit not home-made.

Larry, how do I get there again? Maybe by the time we do Get Together XXIII, I'll remember. Any word, by the bye, from the fellow with the Woodsman?

Larry Ashcraft
August 13, 2005, 11:23 PM
SW, I'll PM you directions when I get to the shop on Monday, I have them saved on that computer. Believe it or not, I'm in Limon tonight at a family reunion.

Workin' on the Woodsman. ;)

BozemanMT
August 14, 2005, 09:50 AM
I need directions too please.
pretty please
sugar on top

Trisha
August 16, 2005, 08:49 PM
It's on the calender, Larry! Susan got to work the Grand Prix as part of their EMS team, and snapped a roll of film - so there might be a few decent pictures to bring along, too (all she could manage was a little disposable. . .).

So far, her schedule's free that weekend, so we really might make it!

Trisha

WYO
August 17, 2005, 11:01 AM
I need directions, too. Also, would anyone be up for a pot of home made gumbo made with turkey and andouille sausage?

Larry Ashcraft
August 19, 2005, 10:28 PM
would anyone be up for a pot of home made gumbo made with turkey and andouille sausage?
Please. And please bring the recipe if you would. We'll trade you the recipe for genuine Pueblo style green chile.

We will have green chile and all the fixins, including plates and silverware.

What we need: Drinks, ice, deviled eggs, you though I forgot, huh?, 12 ga ammo. My dear mother in law passed away in January, so deviled eggs have been a scarcity around here. :(

I have plenty of 28 ga ammo for those that want to try out my new toys. I will have some clays, and Brian is bringing some too.

Bring your friends and kids!

WYO
August 22, 2005, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a good trade, Larry. We'll need one burner on a stove for reheating and one electrical outlet for the rice cooker.

Hey, what time does the party kick off?

Larry Ashcraft
August 22, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hey, what time does the party kick off?
We generally plan to eat around 1:00, but show up whenever you would like.

We can visit and do some shooting before we eat (and after).

H&Hhunter
August 22, 2005, 11:35 PM
I'd love to be there,

Let me know as soon as possible as my sched is tight and tough to change these days.

Greg

P95Carry
August 22, 2005, 11:39 PM
I'm still waiting for my charter plane ticket! LOL.

Seriously - hope this comes together as well as it sounds - and you guys have one real great day.

Pics are - mandatory Larry! :)

Smoke Rizen
August 23, 2005, 07:24 PM
We'll be there,but the parade is that day,so we may have to bring the trailer and tie up by Gigi. I'll bring something to munch made from Salmon,some crackers,and cream cheese.

Justin
August 24, 2005, 03:34 PM
Sorry to cancel, but I'm not going to be able to make it. A friend who's visiting is dragging me down to the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun match.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and whatnot, bummed I'll be missing out on some good chili and hangin' out time.

BILLLL, try not to scare the cops so much this year. ;)

Larry Ashcraft
August 24, 2005, 06:38 PM
Justin,

We'll miss you this year. But cheer Zak on while you're down there, and take some guns and LOTS of ammo. The Whittington Center is the most amazing range you'll ever see, and a one day range pass is $15, IIRC.

Sandy surprised me with an early birthday present yesterday, a Trius One Step clay thrower.

Bring your shotguns!

BozemanMT
August 27, 2005, 10:04 AM
coming with bells on
leaving about now, and in only 3.5 hours we'll be there.
shotguns, 200 clays, extra 12ga (is 300 enough? the wife likes to shoot)
9mm pistols (heck, one i bought a year ago and still haven't tested, i know, sad huh?)
see ya

Standing Wolf
August 27, 2005, 10:59 PM
Here are some snap shots from the Colorado High Road get together today.

As we approached the house, we noticed a moste peculiar contraption.

Aw, nuts! The picture didn't work. Let me try again, eh?

Nope. Here's what I got, watever it might mean:

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/thehighr/thehighroad.org/attach/4/8/5/28145.thumb): failed to open stream: Disk quota exceeded in /includes/functions_file.php on line 557

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /includes/functions_file.php on line 558

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /includes/functions_file.php on line 559

Standing Wolf
August 27, 2005, 11:04 PM
Here's a shot of Billll and his contraption. It's a pedal-powered pneumatic projectile hurler. That's a projectile in his hand. All you have to do is pedal away until the pressure reaches 60 pounds per square inch, then squeeze the trigger.

That picture didn't work, either. Let me try again, eh?

P95Carry
August 27, 2005, 11:05 PM
SW - you gotta do better than that! :uhoh:

Sandy Ashcraft
August 27, 2005, 11:06 PM
I CANNOT post anything, maybe the host is screwed up. (Been trying for an hour),

Standing Wolf
August 27, 2005, 11:10 PM
SW - you gotta do better than that!

Yeah, no kidding!

I've just double-checked the first two pictures. They're proper RGB images created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as plain, garden variety JPEGs with the right ".jpg" training wheels. I'm going to give the third shot a try, and if it doesn't work, I'm going to do some serious swearing. That usually does the trick.

It's a shot of Billll's black powder mortar.

I don't think it's going to work:

cohrsw03.jpg:
Copy to file system directory failed.)

Very informative message, I'd say. No kidding, it didn't work!

P95Carry
August 27, 2005, 11:10 PM
Sandy - SW - etc - I have no idea what probs may be but - email me any pics and I'll see what I can do. Tho - gotta go crash soon cos early start tomorrow.

BozemanMT
August 27, 2005, 11:16 PM
Very cool day
despite a horrible traffic disaster all teh way back. ugh. tons of fun. The 4 people shooting shotguns at 2 or 3 targets was great fun. If you weren't really fast, the targets would blow up before you even pulled the trigger. And then we got to shoot pistols. The wife is hooked again. She wants a Glock. :barf: :p I know, I'll keep working on her. ;)
Seriously, we had a ton of fun, thanks to Larry and Sandy for a great day. Pictures coming if i can figure this out.

P95Carry
August 27, 2005, 11:24 PM
Let me try and post the three pics Sandy sent me - see if it works -

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28157

Sandy with the cannon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28158

Madison
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28159

Shotguns ahoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BozemanMT
August 27, 2005, 11:25 PM
pictures.
bill's lawn dart thrower extradinaire

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28160

Larry Ashcraft
August 27, 2005, 11:26 PM
Very cool day
Well, I guess. Had to quit a couple times with sweat in my eyes.

Really, SW and I got some really cool pics if we can get them to upload.

Billll's air powered cannon was a kick. Wyo's son Madison had a lot of fun with it. Sandy got to shoot the BIG cannon!

Shotguns ruled the day this year!

Larry Ashcraft
August 27, 2005, 11:31 PM
Chris,

THANK YOU! I can't get it to work on this end.

Third pic: If everybody else missed, Smoke Rizen picked up the slack with his black powder load.

Left to right: Smoke Rizen, BozemanMT, me (watching,) Denise (with Madison behind her), WYO.

BozemanMT
August 27, 2005, 11:33 PM
more pictures
Brass actually shooting a shotgun and hitting things (no, really) and more cannon shots.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28162

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28161

P95Carry
August 27, 2005, 11:37 PM
Smoke Rizen picked up the slack with his black powder load. Hehe larry - thought the smoke was a tad ''generous';' LOL! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now - really - waiting on someone who has the ''group pic'' of the day! Sounds like you guys had a great time. How I wish I coulda been there.

Larry Ashcraft
August 27, 2005, 11:46 PM
Brass actually shooting a shotgun and hitting things (no, really)
No thanks of course, to Brian's coaching:

That is RIDICULOUS, lemme show you again!

NO, NO! That will not work! Now, Listen, Lean Forward!

Geeze, what a drill sergeant. :D

Smoke Rizen
August 28, 2005, 01:15 AM
When BozemanMT and his wife were shooting I think one bird may have come close to hitting the ground! If I didn't get on it fast there was nothing to shoot at. Yeah, that is quite a bit of smoke, looks in that picture, like it was carrying about as far as the birds. As always it was a great time with all good people, food, and fun! Thanks Larry and Sandy and all who showed for a great day.Next year seems like a long way off.

BozemanMT
August 28, 2005, 08:19 AM
No thanks of course, to Brian's coaching:

That is RIDICULOUS, lemme show you again!

NO, NO! That will not work! Now, Listen, Lean Forward!

Geeze, what a drill sergeant.

Wait
you guys could hear that?
had to be like 50 yards away.
really?
opps.
He did shoot better though didn't he?

My personal favorite. You're a rifle guy right? Yeah, says Brass. Well, rifle guys always look at the bead and aim, look at the bird and pull the trigger. It might take a while to break that habit. Ok, how long? asks Brass.

Oh, 10,000 rounds or so. :D

Dr.Rob
August 28, 2005, 04:04 PM
Had a great time as always... though I didn't even touch my shotgun or the 300+ rounds I brought (you guys were supposed to shoot them up!)

Great food great company..tough to knock down poppers...all good fun.

Thanks again to Billl for the mortar and the Chronograph... I have some interesting data to post about my choice of practice ammo.

Larry and Sandy, as always thanks so much!

Standing Wolf
August 28, 2005, 04:32 PM
All right. I'm going to try a shot of Zündfolge and his magic Steyr carbine.

Well, maybe I'm not:

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/thehighr/thehighroad.org/attach/4/8/5/28188.thumb): failed to open stream: Disk quota exceeded in /includes/functions_file.php on line 557

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /includes/functions_file.php on line 558

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /includes/functions_file.php on line 559

Larry Ashcraft
August 28, 2005, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna try one more attachment:

Billll on his air cannon, in the background, Denise (Bozeman's wife), BozemanMT, and I shooting shotguns:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28193

Zundfolge
August 28, 2005, 07:53 PM
Standing Wolf, go to your User CP and look under "Attachments"

I think you're only allowed so much space for attachements ... maybe delete some of your older ones.

WYO
August 28, 2005, 10:41 PM
Wow! What a great time! Many thanks to Larry and Sandy! It was great seeing everyone. Billll, you are one twisted dude. Keep up the good work. :)

Standing Wolf
August 28, 2005, 10:58 PM
Standing Wolf, go to your User CP and look under "Attachments"

I had no idea. Thanks, eh?

Let me try this again. In theory, this will be Zündfolge and his Steyr carbine.

Hey, it worked! Ah, technology! Let me see whether I can add a shot of Larry, Sandy, and Billll trying to figure out some picture taking technology.

Well, heck on a stick! I always wondered how people posted more than one picture at a time. I'll try adding a couple: Larry shooting, followed by Smoke Rizen decorating the air with a little old time gun smoke.

Billll
August 28, 2005, 11:06 PM
With election season close upon us once again, I'll be down at the supermarket buying tomatos, checking each one for fit thru a short piece of PVC pipe. Yeah, I get some funny looks sometimes, when I'm out buying produce.
The guys at the hardware store (A&A on Broadway) don't ask. They don't want to be tagged as accomplices.

Standing Wolf
August 28, 2005, 11:08 PM
Well, I'll be ding-dong-danged and fried like a fish! They worked!

Here's a shot of Bozeman, MT and his wife on the pistol range. They both look truly businesslike!

Here's Dr. Rob and a venerable Colt revolver. He was there in half a heart beat when the wind blew over my pistol box.

Last, here's Billll and one of his famous—or "infamous," as the case may be—projectiles.

Standing Wolf
August 28, 2005, 11:15 PM
One of the things I find most endearing about shooters is that we're almost invariably glad to share what we know and encourage newbies.

Here's the next generation. From what I saw yesterday, he's not only on the road toward being a fine shooter, but will be the kind of shooter who'll be glad to share what he knows.

I wish my father had shown me how to show the way his father's showing him.

Standing Wolf
August 28, 2005, 11:18 PM
Larry's and Sandy's house has one of those old-time sit around and talk about it porches houses don't seem to include any more.

Special thanks to both of you!

Zundfolge
August 28, 2005, 11:54 PM
With election season close upon us once again, I'll be down at the supermarket buying tomatos, checking each one for fit thru a short piece of PVC pipe.

Would this help?
http://www.spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=32

Billll
August 30, 2005, 09:30 PM
I had heard of rifled PVC, but hadn't seen the source. For the larger guns, we were thinking of growing the pumpkins in a form with rifling. Sort of an organic rifled slug.
I see a scholarly dissertation: What is the optimal twist for a 7000 grain vegitable in a 5 foot by 2 in barrel.

A great deal of range time is indicated. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Get Together III anybody?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!