Glock 36 recoil

PDA

plnkr1234
March 23, 2003, 04:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I don't think I'm particularly recoil sensitive, but today, I shot a Glock 36 for the first time with Blazer 230 fmj's, and after a few magazines, my hand was stinging. The recoil impulse seems quite sharp to me. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a function of the very light weight of the pistol? Would adding a stronger recoil spring help?

Just for comparison, I shot my Lightweight Officers next to it, and did not notice the same effect.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 recoil" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
March 23, 2003, 06:15 PM
I admit I haven't shot more than 30 rounds or so on a given day with a G36 but it didn't seem too bad to me. I though about getting one as a more convinient carry to the 1911 before I settled on a Kahr but if for whatever reason I don't like the Kahr, the G36 will be my next step.

I think most of the high quality light poly guns should probably be shoot enough to stay in practice but not 200 rounds a day kind of guns. The only, 'carry often, shot rarely', I suppose. ;)

On a slightly unrelated note, some folks say they've put 5,000 rounds of Gold Dots or Silvertips through a P32 and complain that a pin worked itself loose. I mean, if you can afford the $700 or $800 that 5,000 of Gold Dots cost, then spend $220 and go get another P32 while your first one is being repaired for chrissakes. :rolleyes:

I also think they might be hard for a brand new shooter to get used to right off. Maybe use a heavier but similar gun to get familiar with shooting, drawing, etc... then use those skills with the lighter dedicated carry gun.

10-Ring
March 23, 2003, 10:00 PM
I will admit the recoil I perceive w/ my 36 is greater than that felt in my other 45's, but not such that it has become uncomfortable. The dual recoil springs really does make a difference. Don't know what to tell ya other than it just might be a perception thing

LostOneToo
March 23, 2003, 10:20 PM
The recoil is more than on my match .45 but the weight reduction and ease of carry more than offset any increased recoik the G36 may have.

I think it's an even trade-off for a carry gun....:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 recoil" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!