A first for my local movie house.

PDA

KP95DAO
March 23, 2003, 08:50 PM
Went with the wife and son and daughter-in-law to see "Tears of the Sun" last night. They had an armed guard on site who made one trip through the room during the screening.
So, that means there were at least two guns in the room, and I think the son was carrying as well. I guess this has to do with the alert level as there never is any trouble there. Very interesting.

If you enjoyed reading about "A first for my local movie house." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spacemanspiff
March 23, 2003, 09:02 PM
a couple of theaters up here in anchorage have had armed security for quite a while now. turns out that the theater employees turned chicken when an attempt to eject some unruly 'customers' turned into their words: "riot". bunch of gangbanger wannabes made the theater hire private security.

another theater is located in a mall, and their mall ninjas are all armed, wear the tactical vests and everything. they carry twice the equipment a police officer does. i counted 8 different mall ninjas a couple weekends ago, on a friday night about 8:30pm.

PATH
March 23, 2003, 09:21 PM
I carry to the local malls. There is nothing posted at either!

If you enjoyed reading about "A first for my local movie house." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!