Pa-

PDA

crazyends
August 7, 2005, 02:21 AM
I am a new gun owner of a PT-140 Millennium Pro. I've had prior experience with the Walther P99, and have field stripped it once with success. However, after shooting my PT-140 (had a great time/less fatigue than expected for my first .40 cal), I began to field strip it, and got to the point of removing the take down pin. I tried to move the slide all the way forward (as in the instructions), and was unable to remove it from the receiver. The shop owner I bought the gun from, demonstrated it to me mearly hours ago. It seemed very simple then. However I am unable to do this myself, and am wondering if there are any tricks or strategies I should know?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pa-" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kamicosmos
August 7, 2005, 02:51 AM
Magazine is out of the gun? I am not familiar with that type of gun, but some guns need to be cocked to take the slide off, others don't. Saftey usually has to be off.

Can you put it back together? Or is the slide jammed up tight?

And finally, do you have the manual? Or check taurus' site for a manual download. Sometimes all it takes is to miss one step, or do something out of order to jam up a gun really good.

If all else fails, I'd run it over to the gun shop...

If you enjoyed reading about "Pa-" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!