Saw "Wag the Dog"

PDA

twoblink
March 24, 2003, 12:03 AM
In trying to be fair and balanced; I saw "Tears of the Sun" and rented "Wag the Dog".

Dustin Hoffman, and Denaro, great performances. Incredible, but the story was soooo far fetched it wasn't credible..

Also, the lightness it puts on what "going to war" means is rediculous...

If you enjoyed reading about "Saw "Wag the Dog"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackhawk
March 24, 2003, 12:14 AM
Loved it when "Wag The Dog" came out at the time Clinton was blowing up the aspirin factory and blowing up a $2 tent to hit a camel in the butt with a cruise missile to take the dogs off the scent of the Monica scandal.

sm
March 24, 2003, 12:26 AM
I wanted to see it, tried to rent it...I have this "Klinton reflex condition". Instincts and reflexes kick in when Klintonesque stuff gets near or reminds me...

This is good thing ;)

Pendragon
March 24, 2003, 02:18 AM
Incredible, but the story was soooo far fetched it wasn't credible..

Except for the fact that it is far more true than untrue.

AK103K
March 24, 2003, 06:03 AM
Except for the fact that it is far more true than untrue.
Aint that the truth! :)

Greg L
March 24, 2003, 09:37 AM
I have the DVD and in one of the bonus features they were interviewing the producer (?) and she said that she was shocked as to how close this came to reality about the time that it was released (the movie was in production LONG before WJC started blowing up things to distract people). It was amazing how a good story and reality came together at roughly the same time.

Greg

pax
March 24, 2003, 10:02 AM
There were guns in it? Yes? But the posts aren't about the guns. So this isn't gun related, is it?

Besides, talk about Clinton makes me gag. :D

pax

So let us be judgmental, for Heaven's sake! That equipment up between your ears, which was provided you by God, is there to make judgments. There are such things as good and evil. Think about them. There are such things as right and wrong. Think about them. If you do not make judgments about such matters, you are a moral blob, fit only for jobs which are better handled by robots. -- Jeff Cooper

Betty
March 24, 2003, 10:03 AM
twoblink, Not only is this a redundant topic, but it's similar enough to your other movie thread to not really warrant keeping this one open.

It's really funny when two moderators try to close a thread at the same time... :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Saw "Wag the Dog"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!