M*A*S*H TRIVIA - answer one with one

PDA

QuikClik
March 24, 2003, 01:50 AM
New game.... M*A*S*H TRIVIA answer a question and ask your own.......

what was the rank Hawkeye introduced Radar as to be in the Officer's Club after they picked up BJ? :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "M*A*S*H TRIVIA - answer one with one" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
March 24, 2003, 01:53 AM
Corporal Captain..

:D

CZ-75
March 24, 2003, 01:53 AM
Cpl. Capt.

QuikClik
March 24, 2003, 01:57 AM
c'mon guys, play the game - you answer one so you get to ask one.....

CZ-75
March 24, 2003, 02:03 AM
Can we play something other than MASH trivia?

I used to like the show when I was a kid, which, coincidentally, was when it was on TV.

Now, I realize that it was a bunch of propaganda and many of its principals are individuals of questionable motivations, particularly Mike Farrell.

sm
March 24, 2003, 02:05 AM
Name the type of sidearm used to signal the end of a quarter, halftime and games' end, during the footbal game in the Original movie MASH

QuikClik
March 24, 2003, 02:11 AM
ok CZ-75, start your own thread - perhaps best military series, i.e., Combat w/Vic Morrow (my favorite) or Black Sheep, China Beach, Tour of Duty...? they all told a story

CZ-75
March 24, 2003, 02:23 AM
I don't really care for any mentioned. Combat was WAAAY before my time. I'm not sure there has ever been a good military TV show.

Bonker
March 24, 2003, 02:59 AM
"I'm not sure there has ever been a good military TV show."

F-Troop and McHales Navy not good? No way! :)

I'm too young to have seen MASH the first time around (I'm 34 years old) but it is by far one of my favorite shows now. Biased?yes it is. But really funny too. Also the first show to ever shoot on "Z-Axis" (only interesting if you're a film major like me) :)

As for shows that center around guns I REALLY like Have Gun Will Travel. I'd LOVE to have them all on tape! I am soooo lucky that my wife thinks Richard Boone is hot so she'll watch with me :)
I can't believe no one has made it into a movie!

I really want to see some episodes of an old show called "Wanted Dead or Alive" with Steve McQueen. His gun is COOL!

The Rifleman is pretty good too. That's the kind of show I like to sit and watch with the kids.

Sorry we hijacked your thread Quick. I'll try to put it back on track here. :)

What malady did George Wendt (NORM!!!) suffer from in his cameo episode?

VHinch
March 24, 2003, 03:05 AM
I'll play....

Who gave Col. Potter his horse?

Vance

Bonker
March 24, 2003, 03:13 AM
Who gave Col. Potter his horse?

Radar did. He got is from the Chinese army.

What does Col. Potter call his horse's poop?

Schuey2002
March 24, 2003, 03:27 AM
Horse hockey, I think.

What will a moderator do with this thread ?? :neener:

Bonker
March 24, 2003, 03:28 AM
"Horse hockey, I think. "

Meadow muffins :)

Kevlarman
March 24, 2003, 04:27 AM
Potter used a lot of words to express disagreement:

horse hockey
mule muffins
buffalo chips
carolina cowpies
etc.

What kind of gun did Frank Burns steal from the storage lockup?

Norton
March 24, 2003, 06:14 AM
Not realted to MASH, but somewhat related to our current military activities (well at least as far as there was sand involved)........anyone remember a show called "Desert Rats"? WWII show with guys riding around in jeeps with machine guns mounted on the back......was set in Africa and the so called desert rats would harrass the German army....

critter
March 24, 2003, 08:05 AM
LOVED the desert rats! And another one-Col Klink!-in Stalag 13.

The Reaper
March 24, 2003, 08:10 AM
IIRC the show was called "Rat Patrol".

They had a couple .50 BMGs mounted on the back of jeeps. Supposed to be a scout unit and fast attack.

Like most shows of it's type they got into serious scrapes and managed to prevail with minimal casualties. You also always knew the guest star was the one who was going to bite the dust.

Here's a Combat trivia question: What now famous actor played the German officer in the episode where they went around clearing booby traps from a French town?

In the MASH movie I believed they used a 1911 pistol for signalling at the football game.

What was the highest rank held by Radar in the series? Not when he was faking, but actually was promoted to this rank.

Bonus question why was he demoted from this rank?

MASH maybe a lefty biased show, and its actors may be lefty biased weirdos, but it was entertaining. If I used the bias and stupidity of the actors as a gauge on what to watch I'd have a very narrow selection of programming.

Don Gwinn
March 24, 2003, 08:31 AM
Folks. . . you've got to be kidding. I know it's been a little hard to tell what's off topic at times, but 1970s sitcom trivia is definitely in that realm. Sorry.

If you enjoyed reading about "M*A*S*H TRIVIA - answer one with one" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!