Finaaallly saw Boondock Saints!!

PDA

Tim Currie
March 24, 2003, 04:32 AM
Damn good movie! I was surprised, better than I expected. Definitely one to buy.

So... what does "Veritas" mean? And I think it was.. "Aquitas" ?? I know I've seen them here before because I recognized them when I saw them in the movie.

Was the old crazy dude from jail the brothers' Dad?

Have they always been doing what they do or did it start with the big russians (cant exactly tell from movie...)?

Thats all for now. Gotta see it again, funny as hell too! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Finaaallly saw Boondock Saints!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tim Currie
March 24, 2003, 04:42 AM
Oh yeah, and why "Boondock"???

ZekeLuvs1911
March 24, 2003, 05:00 AM
"Veritas" means truth in Latin and "Aequitas" means justice in Latin.

Boondock Saints was the directors band's name.

jmbg29
March 24, 2003, 05:02 AM
So... what does "Veritas" mean? And I think it was.. "Aquitas" ?? I know I've seen them here before because I recognized them when I saw them in the movie.

Veritas is the Roman godess of truth.

The latin word for truth, is veritas

Aequitas is the Roman god of fairness, or fair dealing.

The latin word for fair, is aequitas.Oh yeah, and why "Boondock"???No clue.

Boondocks is derived from a Tagalog (the main Phillipine language) word - bundok - it means mountain.Was the old crazy dude from jail the brothers' Dad?Yep.

Tim Currie
March 24, 2003, 05:21 AM
Ok, last one.... how do I pronounce "veritas" and "aquitas"?

faustulus
March 24, 2003, 05:43 AM
Ok, last one.... how do I pronounce "veritas" and "aquitas"?

There's the rub, do you want to use restored roman or ecclesiastical? The restored roman would sound like wer-ah-tahs' and i-kwi'-tahs. I think ecclessiastical would substitute a "v" sound in veritas and an "ah" in aequitas, but I can't vouche for the ecclesiastical.

Betty
March 24, 2003, 10:08 AM
Please do a search for "Boondock Saints" - I think the topic has been done repeatedly before.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finaaallly saw Boondock Saints!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!