Jon Coppenbarger Legs Out!!

PDA

Steve Smith
August 10, 2005, 07:53 AM
Congratulations to my friend and THR member Jon Coppenbarger! Jon became a Distinguished Rifleman last week at Camp Perry! It's been a long, hard road, but he made it.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Jon, what's your next goal?! ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Jon Coppenbarger Legs Out!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tierhog
August 10, 2005, 08:38 AM
Congradulations! That is my goal as well.

Well done.

30Cal
August 10, 2005, 11:16 AM
Nice job!!! I've got 20pts to go.

Ty

Hoser
August 10, 2005, 11:17 AM
Many congrats.

Well done.

Jon Coppenbarger
August 10, 2005, 07:24 PM
Thank you everyone!
Steve and myself spent many a day at the range and we both looked foward to the day we legged out. Steve my friend your day will come soon also.

My next goal? looking at a rascal, LOL

I bought a space rifle last winter and do plan on learning how to shoot it. Other than that just keep trying to improve a little.

Thank you again every body
Jon

flatdog
August 10, 2005, 07:48 PM
Well done sir. Your hard work paid off.

Uh, forgive my ignorance...what is a "space rifle?"

flatdog

hipwr223
August 10, 2005, 08:10 PM
Well done Jon! Keep the pressure on for the next goal.

John

August 10, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nice job John. Congrats.

Trebor
August 10, 2005, 10:16 PM
Congrats! You gonna try for High Master next, or are you already there?

Steve Smith
August 10, 2005, 10:26 PM
Here's Jon (on the Rascal of course) telling all his happenin' friends about his new Palma and Space gun shooting career! Everyone tell Jon how good he looks in that Rascal!!! Jon, it has the Palma Upgrade, the one that holds your rifle, scorecard, scope stand, and Geritol, right??!!!

http://www.rascalscooters.com/images/homepics1.jpg

BTW, the photo on the right is of his HOTT Palma shootin' girlfriend!

P95Carry
August 10, 2005, 10:31 PM
Jon - much Kudos Sir - that is just great!

wanderinwalker
August 11, 2005, 07:53 AM
Excellent job good sir! Well done!

But, just one little issue... Now that you're Distinguished, you're going to go to shooting a what? Space guns are for folks who can't shoot anymore! ;) j/k

Good luck and good shooting. Go win some more matches.

Jon Coppenbarger
August 11, 2005, 05:58 PM
Trust me I do not plan on giving up service rifle and if I did there might be a lynching party for me. I just want to try some other things out also and my space gun will be a great way to get used to it.
Got back from Perry and my long range card was in the mail. I am a expert again. yeah!!!! I just guess losing a rifle at 900 yards pays off. LOL

Jon

Brian Dale
August 15, 2005, 08:10 PM
Hooray! :D

Well done, Sir!

Freedomv
August 27, 2005, 10:37 PM
Congratulations Mr. Coppenbarger. Well done!

Now that the pressure is off you will find it much easier to shoot higher scores in service rifle matches. I don't know why, but it just seems to work that way.

Good shooting!

Vern

Jon Coppenbarger
August 28, 2005, 12:02 AM
Got to try out my new expert card today in a 600 any/any match.
Even managed to win the first 20 shot stage with a 198-10x.
They had 24 shooters over half looked to be using scoped match or long range rifles. I have shot two 600 any/any matches this year and managed to win one stage at each. I alway get a kick out saying things like hey! have you guys thought about moving up to a ar15 someday! Or when they kinda forgot I won the first match and me and another two service rifle shooters said hey I think Jon won. I said maybe open sight ar15's don't count if you do not have a scope. LOL

Thanks for your kind remarks and I hope I start shooting better but alas its always do real good someplace in the match and then screw something else up.
Oh well why change things now.

Jon

Justin
August 28, 2005, 11:23 PM
Egads! How'd I miss this one!

Jon, you know what I think this accomplishment already, but all the same, congratulations. You've earned it.

DevilDog
September 2, 2005, 12:44 AM
Congrats Jon! I am very excited for you!

If you enjoyed reading about "Jon Coppenbarger Legs Out!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!