Bin Laden

PDA

bosshoff
August 10, 2005, 10:43 AM
I was thinking the other day about Bin Laden, and the ideology of his followers, and I thought of an interesteing scenario. Being that Al Queda kind of "thinks outside of the box", and is very good at what they do, what do you think of the probability that in Allah's name, Bin Laden's own followers would kill him themselves and completely dispose of his remains, making him a martyr for the cause, eliminating the chance that he would ever be caught, and eliminating the possibility of their movement having to save face, and deal with taking the psycological blow of his capture. His follower are very cunning, do you remember how they dug almost a mile of tunnels under that hideout in Pakistan, and used it to escape? Their use of I.E.D.'s in Iraq. Attacking the Cole. Attacking our Embassies in Africa. NY, PA, and D.C. The downside for them to do this, is they have one less radical leader to preach and direct acts of hatred. The upside is they take away the possibility of an American court getting their hands on their poster boy. I have to think that this scenario would be very appealing Al Queda.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bin Laden" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Real Mad Max
August 10, 2005, 10:45 AM
An interesting proposition...but the problem with it is the huge amounts of funding that Bin Laden brings to the equation. Money talks and bull???? takes a big walk, even with turds like Al Queda.

marshall3
August 10, 2005, 12:45 PM
He has come secretly to Newark, and he is running a small oriental food store downtown, in cognito. No one will ever notice.
:neener:

Janitor
August 10, 2005, 12:48 PM
I don't think they'd do it simply because they wouldn't get as many martyr miles out of killing him quietly. They'd want the world to know that the godless hoards of the west sent their supreme leader and hero to heaven while he was fighting the oppressors.

Omni04
August 10, 2005, 01:08 PM
yeah, they would probably strap him with an AK-47 and send him in to dispose as many infedels as possible. That way he can go down in a blaze of (stupidity) glory.

scout26
August 10, 2005, 01:26 PM
Martyrs have a really difficult time of directing and leading their groups. Once they achieve martyrdom their *former* groups tend to splinter into factions that spend more time fighting each other then the original enemy.

In general, not a good career move.

Lone_Gunman
August 10, 2005, 08:59 PM
I think that murder would interfere with their religion, wouldn't it?

jrobb45
August 10, 2005, 09:05 PM
You ever notice how the leaders of those radical groups want all their grunts to "martyr" themselves, but they don't set the example and whack themselves?

jrobb

If you enjoyed reading about "Bin Laden" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!