Vepr Folding Stock?

PDA

Schmitty
August 10, 2005, 01:12 PM
Hey does anyone know if Robinson has released its folding stock for sale on their Vepr rifles? I know production has been pushed back a few times but I see it's listed on their new online purchase section for sale currently. What have you guys heard???

If you enjoyed reading about "Vepr Folding Stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Correia
August 10, 2005, 01:21 PM
They were supposed to be ready to go last month in time for my group buy. However Robinson decided to make a few changes to them and they were pulled from production. As far as I'm aware they are not ready. I'll be there on Friday and will ask.

MechAg94
August 10, 2005, 02:56 PM
I was looking at the site this week as I was finally ordering a Vepr and found the same comment about them not being ready. They were concentrating on the release of the XCR. They mentioned a 3rd party making parts that would be ready soon. Don't know how recent that update is.

Schmitty
August 11, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Correia- check out the Ultimak rail system they're offering for the VEPR now too. Let us know what that's all about. I assume it's like what's on the XCR but who knows!

Correia
August 11, 2005, 01:33 PM
Schmitty, already checked out. It is sweet.

It is an Ultimak rail. Very secure. There is the standard Ultimak that replaces the gas tube, and then the three sided rail replaces the standard handguard. It attaches with four allen screws to the top rail, and then again where the standard handguard attaches. I don't know if it actually is, but it feels lighter than the standard handguard.

PvtPyle
August 11, 2005, 02:11 PM
The rail on the XCR is part of the upper receiver.

Coronach
August 11, 2005, 06:02 PM
What is the weight difference between the standard Vepr forend and one with an Ultimak rail forend and gas tube rail. Anyone know?

Mike

Correia
August 11, 2005, 06:17 PM
I don't know officially, but unofficially the rail actually seemed lighter. Not by much, but it did. That plastic handguard is a beefy son of a gun.

Correia
August 12, 2005, 10:15 PM
Okay, nothing new on the folders. Everything they are doing is geared towards getting the XCRs out the door in the next few weeks.

Schmitty
August 14, 2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Corriea- I guess Robinson will just have to wait a while to get my money then!

FourTeeFive
September 25, 2006, 06:59 PM
I just got one; will post pics of before/after. Have to "cut the tang" to mount it.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/VEPR.htm

FourTeeFive
October 13, 2006, 04:34 PM
Ran into some snags with this, but Ace has been very helpful. New pics to come!

FourTeeFive
January 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
Testing everything for fit and I took this photo. I've still got to get the foam tube onto the stock and tighten everything up with Loctite.

I used this particular stock as it was the best Ace stock to will fold to the right and still provide clearance for the bolt handle. So the gun will fire properly with the stock folded.

Only downside is now the gun is more front heavy than before. But it lost some overall weight in the process, so that's a good thing!

Father Knows Best
January 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
Very nice looking VEPR, there. How's it shoot?

FourTeeFive
January 3, 2007, 06:22 PM
Very nice looking VEPR, there. How's it shoot?

Haven't shot it with the folding stock yet. Hopefully soon. Shot great with the factory stock. They're very solid guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vepr Folding Stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!