220-1

PDA

Pathfinder6110
March 24, 2003, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know what the -1 means if it is printed on a magazine? Will this fit any Sig P220?

Thanks!

Jeremy

If you enjoyed reading about "220-1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Poohgyrr
March 24, 2003, 12:13 PM
I have some of those. They work well in my P220 (machined slide & marked "Made in W. Germany"). Big holes right where you aim.

QB
March 24, 2003, 02:51 PM
P220-1 indicates "American" mag release versus the EURO mag release. Mags made for the American style will work with both the American and the EURO.

9mmepiphany
March 24, 2003, 03:11 PM
if you need more mags for you 220 (do you ever have enough?), you might want to take a look at the new Novak/ACT-Mag.

i heard about them over on the sig forum. they are receiving rave reviews for reliability and durability. so i ordered a few and they just arrived...haven't had a chance to try them in the gun yet (bad weather)

they look real nice. shiny hard blue finish. 8 round capacity with witness holes numbered on both sides. the body extends below the frame but is enclosed by the ploymer base/bumper pad (like the 220ST). the follower is also ploymer and the mag loads and unloads very smoothly...they also hand-function real well. they are made in italy...apparently by a company started by a form mec-gar employee...and imported by LPS

i'd post a picture but don't have a scanner or digital camera. i'll post again when i seen how the function at the range. i got mine from:
www.copesdist.com/pistolmags.htm
nice company, good prices and shipping was only $6.95 (actual on the box was $14.30)

agony
March 24, 2003, 06:24 PM
The ACT mags are nice....but like the older SIG mags, the bluing scrapes off easily.

Another great mag for the P220 is the Pachymar mags. They (or should I say, MecGar) made a stainless mag that is top notch.

My fave is still the new 8-round factory that came with the P220 ST. real beauties.

If you enjoyed reading about "220-1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!