Starting out 2003 RIGHT!

PDA

critter
January 1, 2003, 12:15 PM
Well, since one of my NYresolutions was to 'burn MORE gunpowder', I got started today! Went to our nearby outdoor range (appx 6-8 miles) and shot a couple of my favorites.

One is my Kimber Compact SS (my most frequent carry piece). I shot well (for me) and the Kimber performed perfectly.

Also took my Colt AR 15 and give it a workout. Used some Win white box, two iterations of my reloads. All were perfect in reliability and accuracy was better than I am with the iron sights. Also tried some of the 30 rd Orlite (Israeli mags) purchased from Dillon. Perfect function.

Hope to use those second ammendment rights a lot in 2003! Hope all of y'all get to do the same.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! (BTW, I LIKE the new site! Thanks Oleg and crew!)

If you enjoyed reading about "Starting out 2003 RIGHT!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 1, 2003, 03:02 PM
Sounds like you are starting the New Year off on the right foot!:ar15:

Gewehr98
January 1, 2003, 03:26 PM
But the sheriff's department kept us up most of the night.

Turns out the young couple next door to us in base housing are having a very bad New Year's. The husband took off in his car just before midnight. Wrecked it about a block North of our place. Somebody got killed in process, and the rest of the evening and early morning was a manhunt for him after he left the scene of the accident.

Needless to say, my wife is now trying to keep the 23 year-old wife from coming unglued. Not good.

critter
January 1, 2003, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear that-of course not good for them. However, how much better off the world would be if we all started off the year by helping somebody who really needs it!

Best to all of you.

4v50 Gary
January 1, 2003, 10:16 PM
Gewehr98: one heckuva way to start a new year. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Starting out 2003 RIGHT!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!