Advance PR for "Hillary for President'?

PDA

lawson4
August 14, 2005, 10:11 PM
Just saw a trailer for the a new TV series called "Commander in Chief" starring Geena Davis. She is the VP that takes over when the Prez dies. I thought it might be a good story until my wife comments " They're just getting people ready for Hillary's run. People will see a woman running the country (on TV) and equate that with Hillary being President." :mad: :cuss: :barf:
What do you think? Is this Hollywood's attempt to "prime the pump" to make the idea of a woman President more acceptable?

lawson4

If you enjoyed reading about "Advance PR for "Hillary for President'?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SMMAssociates
August 14, 2005, 11:16 PM
Lawson4:

Probably a little too early to tell....

If this part plays as light as the stuff Geena Davis usually plays, it's possible that it'd be rather less pro-Hillary than Hollywood might desire.

Guess we need to see the show first.

I'm not paranoid. They really are out to get me.... :D

Regards,

Standing Wolf
August 14, 2005, 11:38 PM
I have no doubt Mrs. Snopes Clinton and her professional handlers have pulled out all the stops.

America hasn't yet had a woman president, but the N.R.A. is on its second.

Texpatriate
August 15, 2005, 12:14 AM
I have no problem with the idea of a woman president in general. Heck, I'd vote for Condi if she ran. But I thought EXACTLY the same thing as you did when I saw the same comercial earlier this evening. ABC is just trying to get the sheeple ready for the idea of a woman president to help out media darling Hillary in any way they can for 2008. I'd think that would be painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain. But then again I don't know if the average american television viewer has that kind of mental capacity- present company excluded of course!

TimH
August 15, 2005, 12:29 AM
I can't but think that show is being done to pave the way for different thinking in America. Just for Hillary....I don't know.

ACP230
August 15, 2005, 01:30 AM
My wife sneers at that trailer every time it comes on.

"PR for Hillary!"

I'm inclined to agree with her.

kbr80
August 15, 2005, 02:02 AM
I agree, free press, and society indoctrination for Hillary in 08.

I also believe if she, Hillary, runs in 08, she will win. America is stupid enough to elect that Hillary Creature. :cuss: :banghead:

Henry Bowman
August 15, 2005, 11:52 AM
I had the same thought as your wife the first time I saw it.
I can't but think that show is being done to pave the way for different thinking in America. Just for Hillary....I don't know. Sir, you are either kidding or naive.

Rockrivr1
August 15, 2005, 12:09 PM
I agree with TimH. I think it will have an effect for people to start thinking of a female president in general. Who knows. The 2008 ticket could be Condi against Hillary. Hummmmmm, that would be interesting.

Just thinking of Hillary as President really bugs me. :fire: I keep picturing her during President Bush's speach after 9/11 where she's mucking it up with a senator that's standing next to her. The camera actually catches her laughing during the speach. Of course that got downplayed real quick.

I'd have to see Condi's whole agenda to say for certain, but I beleive she would make a decent President. I guess we'll see.

If you enjoyed reading about "Advance PR for "Hillary for President'?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!