Anyone own the movie "Assassins"?

PDA

KONY
August 15, 2005, 04:48 PM
If you do, throw it on sometime and pay attention to two specific scenes that have transit buses with "No NRA!" signs posted on them (likely the same bus used in both scenes) ... just in case you need help finding the scenes ... the first scene, happens in Chicago where Miguel Bain is trying to shoot Robert Rath through the passenger side window in the taxi cab and loses his rifle when Rath slams the cab against the bus ... the second happens in Seattle after Rath tells Electra to flee her home after Bain shows up to kill her. Electra gets in her Mustang and passes by the city bus only turn around after noticing her neighbor on her way back to the building. Anyway, just some useless movie facts. I happen to like this movie so I threw it on yesterday and noticed this for the first time. I looked this up on the Net and it turns out that there is more subliminal propaganda and goofs in the movie. Interesting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone own the movie "Assassins"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mulliga
August 15, 2005, 05:53 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112401/

It's directed by Richard Donner, the director of the "Lethal Weapon" movies. He's very, very liberal, and likes inserting anti-NRA rhetoric in his movies. Basically an idiot and a hypocrite, as he makes money off of showing cops and robbers shooting it out.

GhostRider66
August 15, 2005, 06:52 PM
In my younger days, I used to enjoy the original Lethal Weapon. A couple of years ago, my wife bought me the director's cut. It had an entirely new (deleted) scene involving a playground shooting. Of course, it shows of the typical sniper - middle-aged, white male, flannel shirt, AR-15, "spraying" the playground and screaming obcenities. Not hard to figure why it was deleted from the first release. Not to mention the poor acting by the main actor.

KONY
August 15, 2005, 08:36 PM
It's directed by Richard Donner, the director of the "Lethal Weapon" movies. He's very, very liberal, and likes inserting anti-NRA rhetoric in his movies. Basically an idiot and a hypocrite, as he makes money off of showing cops and robbers shooting it out.

Interesting. Thanks for the bit of info.

Drizzt
August 16, 2005, 12:57 AM
Look in the Lethal Weapon movies, while Murtagh and Riggs are sitting around the cop shop, you can usually spot an anti-NRA poster in the background.

Justin
August 16, 2005, 12:59 AM
Richard Donner is a shmuck.

CARRY'IN
August 16, 2005, 01:36 AM
Not a Donner fan. Peckinpah makes him look like a fool. Now Sam could make a shoot-em-up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone own the movie "Assassins"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!