Mall ninjaish video!

PDA

Eightball
August 16, 2005, 07:30 PM
This (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/867/) video is for all who think that "tacti-cool" looking things and becoming the ultimate "mall ninja" would make you look cool in everyday life. That, and it's good for a few laughs. He's not exactly packing anything, but it's humerous nonetheless. Enjoy!

Mall Ninja in public (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/867/)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mall ninjaish video!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VARifleman
August 16, 2005, 07:45 PM
He's lucky that none of the other people were packing. Quite a few times it seems that those he startled in the video were in fear of their life...

Cacique500
August 16, 2005, 07:51 PM
He's DAMN lucky nobody was carrying...I would've had him on the ground at gunpoint...

GunGoBoom
August 16, 2005, 07:54 PM
nevertheless, some really really funny shizzle. :D

SkunkApe
August 16, 2005, 08:31 PM
That was really funny! And lighten up, you itchy-trigger-finger guys. You can't shoot a guys just because he startles you.

By the way, I recognized themusic. Its from The Last of the Mohicans movie soundtrack.

CARRY'IN
August 16, 2005, 08:34 PM
That was great, thanks!

NeveraVictimAgain
August 16, 2005, 08:42 PM
:barf: Strange.

Greg L
August 16, 2005, 08:50 PM
The biker was quite nice :barf:

(that's not puke, that's my tongue :evil: )

mattw
August 16, 2005, 09:28 PM
He's DAMN lucky nobody was carrying...I would've had him on the ground at gunpoint...

I call BS. Just because you see someone running around in a ninja suit doing cartwheels out of bushes doesn't mean you get to pretend like you are hard.

Eightball
August 16, 2005, 09:30 PM
Just because you see someone running around in a ninja suit doing cartwheels out of bushes ROTF :D !

The Drew
August 16, 2005, 09:34 PM
No but if some moron in a black suit with a mask on jumps out of a tree in front of me and starts charging me... The amount of time that you have to decide that it is just a moron VS. a real threat make it almost impossible to distinguish....

I'd have at least drawn on the guy...

Agent P
August 16, 2005, 09:37 PM
I laughed so hard at that! Just what I needed, thanks! :D

mattw
August 16, 2005, 09:41 PM

Don't draw unless you're going to fire. All CCWers should know that or you shouldn't have a liscense.

You should've noticed him in the tree before you got close and walked out of his way. :p

GT
August 16, 2005, 09:56 PM
yeah, the chick on the bike was the only one packing

G

Taurus 66
August 16, 2005, 10:07 PM

That is if he had been whipping around nunchakus or some other martial art weapon, right? I mean ... you aren't going to just have an unarmed man staring down the business end, are you?

Cesiumsponge
August 16, 2005, 10:28 PM

Yeah, but he popped up right in front of you. If it was hostile intent, it'd be way too late and he'd have beaten you senseless with foam-covered practice nunchuku.

If someone was running towards you, you'd have to draw while the individual is still ~20 feet away minimum just to break even and have your gun ready to go and pointed by the time he is point blank with you. That's assuming you practiced extensively beforehand and don't fumble the motions when your fine motor skills are diminished in your body's fight-or-flight mode.

It was a hilarious vid, thanks for sharing :D

BamBam-31
August 16, 2005, 10:37 PM
I remember back in junior high, my cousin brought my sister and me to a Halloween haunted house. Knowing that I was there to get scared and startled, nevertheless, when the first guy wearing a Freddy mask popped out and yelled at me, I clocked him right in the nose. It was total reflex, and I felt really, really crappy about it immediately afterwards, but it really was complete reflex.

The same guy jumped out and tried to scare me again later, and when he saw it was me, he was the one that got scared and retreated back into his hidey-hole. Poor guy.

If this guy jumped out at me when I'm walking with my wife and newborn in public, I wouldn't be surprised if I took him down. Dunno if I'd pull a gun on him (assuming I'm packing), but a takedown is definitely not out of the question. Might be good footage, too.

Estela216
August 16, 2005, 10:41 PM
reminds me of something from realultimatepower.net or .com. What ever happened to that website with "ninjas that flip out and kill everyone?" I can't tell all of you how long I procrastinated in college on that website when I should have been researching online.

roscoe
August 16, 2005, 11:19 PM
You can't take this guy down - HE'S A NINJA!!!!

P95loser
August 16, 2005, 11:29 PM
two things...

1.whoever his cameraman was apparently decided the chick on the bike (or more specifically, her assimus maximus) was worth filming more than the ninja running around. :evil:

2. That guy actually did some cool stuff, his website sais he is a choreographer... wonder if any of it is practical or its just that movie style that looks pretty.

GregGry
August 16, 2005, 11:54 PM
1.whoever his cameraman was apparently decided the chick on the bike (or more specifically, her assimus maximus) was worth filming more than the ninja running around. I was sort of not feeling the video, but then I saw that, and I liked the video a lot more. Only thing that could have been better is if that woman was packing heat :D

english kanigit
August 17, 2005, 12:34 AM
Only thing that could have been better is if that woman was packing heat...

Uhhh, my friend, you weren't paying attention. She was. ;)

(I wonder what caliber it was...) :evil:

GregGry
August 17, 2005, 12:39 AM
Hehe your right... Now if only they made that in a "ccw" peice :evil: lol

Daemon688
August 17, 2005, 12:53 AM
Notice when he was walking behind that one couple, the guy with the stick turned around and confronted him and the "ninja" put up his hands. Thought it was funny when he was on the beach facing the other guy drinking the beer.

Red Dragon
August 17, 2005, 04:15 AM
I probably would have just decked him. I was a ninja once too :neener: :D

To borrow the perfectly fitting signature from the famous Skunkabilly

Ninja...vanish.... :D

Matthew748
August 17, 2005, 05:26 AM
Very strange. If he wants to walk around in his ninja suit that's fine, but jumping out and scaring people could land him in a world of hurt.

Bill2k1
August 17, 2005, 02:29 PM
I loved when he was fighting the water.

RavenVT100
August 17, 2005, 02:33 PM
Ninjas may be powerful, but only ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS (http://www.rpi.edu/~harmsj/RUPEE/) have REAL ultimate power.

Third_Rail
August 17, 2005, 02:37 PM
Talk about being bored.

Cacique500
August 17, 2005, 02:38 PM
I call BS. Just because you see someone running around in a ninja suit doing cartwheels out of bushes doesn't mean you get to pretend like you are hard.

Call it what you want but I would've drawn on him. There's something 'not quite right' with a person that jumps out at you in a full 'ninja' suit.

Cesiumsponge
August 17, 2005, 02:48 PM
Ninjas may be powerful, but only ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS have REAL ultimate power.

Haha MATWEB! I have the HP-49G :uhoh: :o

I wonder how many people here are now suspicious of trees they walk by now that they've viewed this video.

mattw
August 17, 2005, 02:50 PM
That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. You can't go around drawing your gun at anything that is "not right." You're going to get shot one day by someone who thinks that you are "not right" if you actually do crap like that.

Cacique500
August 17, 2005, 02:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Let it go...

.40-.45
August 17, 2005, 03:25 PM
by that time my vehicle would be in drive if i could get around the car infront of me and i had a clear escape route and as the person got closer i would either drive off or stay put as his intentions became clear. If driving away was not an option i would have drawn and been locked and loaded(making sure the weapon is not visible to him), ready to start firing through my side window (which would remain closed). Doors always locked windows always up, radio off, keep checking your mirrors incase of aditional threats from behind

what if the above guy was dressed in black and had on a mask? :D

mattw
August 17, 2005, 03:30 PM
that doesn't make any sense.. you just quoted me from an entirely different situation, one in which the gun would not be visible to anyone.. not like i'm going to be walking in a park pointing a weapon at someone who is running around like an idiot

.40-.45
August 17, 2005, 03:33 PM
now mattw before you get pissed

think about the amount of time the people walking have to access the situation

I think that I would have drawn on him if put in that same situation

my 2cents

.40-.45
August 17, 2005, 03:40 PM
the guy is only running around like an idiot after he has passed the people before that they don't know what is going on or if he is running at them

remember we have the luxury of seeing this happen three or four times the people in the video are surprised and the guy is right on top of them

i'm just saying as funny as it is to see happening to someone else heaven help the guy if he does it to the wrong person

trickyasafox
August 17, 2005, 04:09 PM
a while ago on the net a video circulated called a ninja pays half my rent. it was like a 10 minute internet movie and it was probably one of the funniest things i've ever seen in my life.

Ozendorph
August 17, 2005, 04:20 PM
The ninja are strong in this city.

Btw, bullets are ineffective vs ninja. They are only vulnerable to hand-claws and throwing stars. Keep this in mind when determining your CCW loadout.

Werewolf
August 17, 2005, 05:19 PM
Taking bets - this moron is in ********** right?

People who represent a danger to themselves or others are commited to mental institutions. This guy may not be a danger to others but he definitely represents a danger to himself because some day some one is gonna clean his foolish clock.

This nut job belongs in the looney bin...

Eightball
August 17, 2005, 05:52 PM
People who represent a danger to themselves or others are commited to mental institutions. This nut job belongs in the looney bin...this moron is in ********** right?I think that just about sums a lot of things up :p . Self-explanitory answer--anyone who voluntarily lives in PRK probably deserves the looney bin--unless they're THR members, in which case..... :uhoh: :scrutiny: :p.....I wouldn't trade places.

Warren
August 17, 2005, 05:54 PM
He is putting himself at risk, but just a little.

If you look close he makes no threatening movements, and avoids all physical contact with the other people.

Me? I think it is funny. I don't mind a little surrealism in my day.

Wife: So what did you do at the park?

Me: Watched a ninja cartwheel out of the bushes.

Wife: Ummm..ohhhhkaaaaaay.

fistful
August 17, 2005, 06:21 PM
he makes no threatening movements What? How about jumping out of the bushes, dressed in black, and running toward people with arm extended? That's not a little scary? And the martial arts dance in front of the fellow on the beach? Not scary, but that can't be taken as a threat?

trickyasafox
August 17, 2005, 06:23 PM
we are all way to serious considering we are all computer ninjas, the jump to true mall ninja is not a far one

Eightball
August 17, 2005, 06:34 PM
And the martial arts dance in front of the fellow on the beach? Not scary, but that can't be taken as a threat?Quite frankly, if a dude in a ninja suit showed up on the beach in front of me and started dancing around, I'd probably laugh until my gut split open--that's the only threat I see :p .

Smoke
August 17, 2005, 06:52 PM

"Don't draw, Drew!" Did Drew Draw?
I think Drew was drawn off guard. Did Drew draw down on the dark delinquent?
Don't do it Drew! Don't draw!

Drew drew, dammit.

Smoke

meathammer
August 17, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hilarious video. He did nothing threatening, not that sneaking up on people is a good idea though.

Besides, if it was a real ninja attacking (not just someone messing around) nobody here would've been able to deploy their CCW in time before being taken out. I mean, come on! A concealed pistol against a ninja? :neener:

:D

--meathammer

SkunkApe
August 17, 2005, 09:14 PM
Besides, if it was a real ninja attacking (not just someone messing around) nobody here would've been able to deploy their CCW in time before being taken out. I mean, come on! A concealed pistol against a ninja?

pirates>ninjas

MikeB
August 17, 2005, 10:30 PM
pirates>ninjas

What about pirates that are ninjas?

This thread just begs the question. What's the best caliber for ninjas?

Agent P
August 17, 2005, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry, but ninja are way cooler than pirates, even cool pirates like Captain Jack Sparrow.

I wonder if people noticed the person holding the camera. Although, in a lot of the footage the victims are facing away from the camera, so I guess they wouldn't see it.

If you are curious as to if you'd be classified as a cowboy, ninja, pirate, or knight, check this test out: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14911521259611283941
Just to warn you, the banner ads can be offensive/inappropriate for young'uns. :eek:

Warren
August 18, 2005, 12:56 AM
The dude made me smile so I think he is a grinja.

fistful
August 18, 2005, 01:17 AM
You made me grimace, so I think you're a groanja. Tee hee.

chris in va
August 18, 2005, 01:40 AM
That guy is SERIOUSLY lucky to be alive and out of jail. :D No way in HELL I'd have some guy running at me wearing all black and a mask without really giving me serious heebies.

So what's the difference if the guy was wearing a 'terrorist' outfit running around yelling something about Dirka Dirka Dirka, Mohammed Jihad? :eek: :cool:

fistful
August 18, 2005, 01:51 AM
So what's the difference if the guy was wearing a 'terrorist' outfit running around yelling Did any ninjas happen to blow up a building or bus recently?

Warren
August 18, 2005, 02:12 AM
Did any ninjas happen to blow up a building or bus recently?

If they did we sure would have not heard about it.

Ninja...varnish...

Byron Quick
August 18, 2005, 03:22 AM
There's a viewpoint that the people who want to do the draw and hold thing as a private citizen might want to consider. The viewpoint is this: I'm toodling around cartwheeling and trying out my ninja kuji-kiri (magic hand positions) on people when this weirdo pulls a gun on me while making me do weird things like get down prone on the ground. I think he might rape me. Then he puts his gun away. Since I'm in fear of my life and afraid that he might renew his assault...I shoot him till the threat is stopped.

I'm not a policeman. I'm not going to hold anyone at gunpoint. If I don't have reason to shoot them then I don't have a reason to point a gun at them. If I have a reason to point a gun at them then I have a reason to shoot them. I will.

If you pull a gun on someone who feels as I do then your choices have just narrowed down to 1)Shoot them or 2) Put the gun away and watch them shoot you.

If you purposely point a gun at me then do yourself a favor. Pull the trigger.

That being said, I'm not going to give someone a good excuse to do so much less a reason.

aguyindallas
August 18, 2005, 10:44 AM
That was just hilarious!

fistful
August 18, 2005, 03:32 PM
That was just hilarious! Do you mean the video, or do you mean Byron Quick's musings?

If you put the gun away, genius, then you're not holding him at gun-point, are you?

mattw
August 18, 2005, 04:08 PM
If you pull a gun on someone who feels as I do then your choices have just narrowed down to 1)Shoot them or 2) Put the gun away and watch them shoot you.

someone agrees with me?

Dr.Rob
August 18, 2005, 04:15 PM
Shoot him?

No but I'd like to see some rape crisis self defense diva smack that idiot around like he was wearing a full contact redman suit.

Now THAT would have been funny.

Guerilla filmmaking is not without its dangers.

trickyasafox
August 18, 2005, 05:40 PM
im a 310lb dude, if someone wanted to rape me i'd be flattered

mattw
August 18, 2005, 05:48 PM
disgusting.

Eightball
August 18, 2005, 05:49 PM
Ninja...varnish... :eek: They SELL that? I'm getting some :D !

And, not that anyone cares, but this is the first time I started a thread that has gotten over 1,000 hits. Sweet :cool: . Though, to keep it from getting locked or whatever, please keep it clean in your responses--I want to see how long this thread lasts. And, for anyone who thinks they would/could have drawn on the guy--we're lucky to have been able to see the ninja. If it was a sweet ninja, we couldn't see him, much less draw/shoot him. And, pirates :barf: are nowhere near ninjas in supremacy. :p

Warren
August 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
im a 310lb dude, if someone wanted to rape me i'd be flattered

And they'd be flatttened!

Ba-dum-bump-krrrsh!!!

larry starling
August 18, 2005, 08:20 PM
What a freak..... :what:

Warren
August 18, 2005, 08:23 PM
Ninja...varnish...

They SELL that? I'm getting some !

Yup, for only $999 you get a 12 ounce can full of lightweight and absolutley transparent Ninja Varnish. Just sprinkle a few drops on yourself before your next mission and you will be a Ninja master!

Note: that this is pure Ninja Varnish so you will not feel anything when you put it on, that is a sysmbol of how pure it is.

If you act now I will throw in a copy of the bestselling self-help book: "Double Your I.Q or No Money Back" For only 12 monthly payments of $346.98 And I'll triple the guarantee!

WayneConrad
August 18, 2005, 08:30 PM
All that spinning around, I thought he was a ballerina!

3rdpig
August 19, 2005, 12:36 AM
Everytime I think I've seen every kind of idiot there is, the human race surprises me with a new one. This kid is on his way to a Darwin award. Just as well, maybe he'll remove his genes from the pool before he breeds.

Byron Quick
August 19, 2005, 11:14 AM
Any of you gone to his website? He's got a bunch of videos up.

Judging from most of the reactions to the 'ninja,' I would think that either he's been running around the area long enough for folks to have heard that there's harmless idjit running around dressed in a ninja suit or that most knew what was up.

If you put the gun away, genius, then you're not holding him at gun-point, are you?

That's right. And if it's me, I'm going to make sure you don't change your mind.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, folks. I merely believe that for a private citizen the act of drawing a weapon on someone to hold them at gunpoint is a very dicey propositon tactically.

And I've drawn without firing twice. But both times, I was not drawing with the aim to hold the person. I was giving the person the option of ceasing, desisting, and going away. I had every intention of shooting if they did not cease, desist, and go away...right now. I did not holster my gun while they were within range to assault me. I might draw my weapon with the hope that the situation will de-escalate. I will have a very strong intention of firing if the situation does not do so immediately. Any other mindset, in my opinion, is a danger to yourself.

jcoiii
August 19, 2005, 01:36 PM
Whoever called the theme music is a genius! I love that scene from Last of the Mohicans! I want to CCW the blue stick of death!

strambo
August 19, 2005, 02:43 PM
I wish someone would have drawn on him, that would have been hilarious! The "ninja" jumps out near our intrepid CCW-er and runs past. By the time the gun is out, the "ninja" is already running away and probably wouldn't even be aware of it.

Now there is a guy all by himself with a drawn gun...are you gonna yell at him to come back so you can hold him at gunpoint for a crime he hasn't committed? Last time I checked running around in a ninja suit isn't illegal. At best he could be charged with some piddly misdemeanor like "menacing" or "harassment" but I doubt any DA would bother.

In the situations where there are long lines of sight (the beach) you would have plenty of time to observe the moron and know he is no threat.

Luchtaine
August 19, 2005, 03:38 PM
Well he is obviously near the coast he probably lives in a commie hole and has little threat of being shot.

Yes places like California has CCW laws but chances the Sheriff wll give you one in some counties are zero.

LiquidTension
August 19, 2005, 08:20 PM
I thought it was funny, and I would have been so amused had I been there that I wouldn't have even thought of drawing.

Sleeping Dog
August 20, 2005, 12:08 AM
Let's see him try that ninja stuff in a London underground station :p

A lot of it looked like "ninja meets sasquatch".

And it shows that any video looks good with the soundtrack from "Last of the Mohecans".

Moronic as most of it seemed, the one bicycle rider lent social value to the whole thing. Yow.

Estela216
August 20, 2005, 08:15 AM
"I'm sorry, but ninja are way cooler than pirates, even cool pirates like Captain Jack Sparrow.

I wonder if people noticed the person holding the camera. Although, in a lot of the footage the victims are facing away from the camera, so I guess they wouldn't see it.

If you are curious as to if you'd be classified as a cowboy, ninja, pirate, or knight, check this test out: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?t...521259611283941
Just to warn you, the banner ads can be offensive/inappropriate for young'uns. "

I took this test and found it really funny. I'm a "rogue ninja" according to this. I scored 55% on ninjuity, 61% on knightlyness, 6% on cowboiosity, and 72% on piratical bend.

No comments on the www.realultimatepower.net website? I'm shocked. Someone check it out and let everyone here know how ridiculous but funny it is.

Kev

The Drew
August 20, 2005, 08:48 AM
I realize this thread has gotten beyond ridiculous at this point... But all the naysayers think about this.

I wouldn't have drawn on him If I saw him coming and seeing what he was doing (practicing his "art") It would be easy to asses him as a non threat.

However especially that instance where he drops out of the tree right in front of those people and runs at them arm extended. In the real world where you have next to no time to determine whether this guy is a threat or not, If you DON'T at least draw and this guy IS a threat... You're probably dead.

Drew would've drawn...

I drew

Drew drew down on the dumbass....

biere
August 20, 2005, 12:45 PM
After seeing him raise his hands with the guy who had a stick or something I suspect that if he saw anyone actually reacting to his antics he would have tried to back away from the situation.

I took the test someone linked and wound up a 80% cowboy but still had 55% ninjasomething or other.

Now on to the real reason I wanted to post, does anyone remember the guy who got arrested for wearing a grinch mask outside a bank or something?

Some places have laws about masks, according to a few threads involving the grinch guy and what he got charged with, so I am wondering about this ninja guy and his mask and what not.

Basically I am wondering if someone doing these things but painted up like a clown or a mime would let folks feel acceptable about a nut running around?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mall ninjaish video!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!