Latest Purchase

PDA

cratz2
March 24, 2003, 07:18 PM
I stopped by a knife shop that was going out of business and having a 40% - 70% off sale. I bought a few sharpeners (because they made me a deal I couldn't refuse) and picked up this little knife for $6.

Grips feel like genuine immitation G10 and blade as that cool zebra print that is sure to last at least 3 days.

Anyway, for $6, it's pretty neat.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=188977.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Latest Purchase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bad_dad_brad
March 24, 2003, 09:16 PM
It is worth $6 bucks just for coolness factor. I have a few cheap knives, and they reside in a drawer, but it does not mean I don't think they are cool to play with. They are. But I suspect at $6 that the pretty blade would snap like a twig under any stress. Cheap knives usually mean cheap steel, which is usually very brittle.

cratz2
March 25, 2003, 01:56 AM
Hey hey hey... it was originally $14.95. ;)

I know it's junk. It's just about the best looking junk I've seen in a while.

Bruz
March 25, 2003, 04:11 AM
Shoot, the sheath is worth 5 bucks alone!

cratz2
March 25, 2003, 10:31 AM
I also bought a Gerber diamond sharpener for $5 and 17 ceramic sharpeners for $5.

I would have loved to have picked up an Emerson CQC-7B for $40 or a Microtech LCC for $90 but all the good knives were already moved to their new location. Guess they didn't want to drop profit on their nice knives.

If you enjoyed reading about "Latest Purchase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!