Gun moment on The Dead Zone

PDA

TonyB
August 17, 2005, 09:33 AM
This week's Dead Zone had an interesting gun moment....A Psychiatrist holds the main character at gun point when he breaks into his office.The next scene the sherrif asks him if he has a permit..he says yes and shows it to him..and THAT WAS IT...no liberal soap boxing or psuedo-moral crap....he just looks at the permit and hands it back to him......I like this show more and more every week....

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun moment on The Dead Zone" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Beren
August 17, 2005, 10:51 AM
Fly for your ointment:

Why would the psychiatrist need a permit for a firearm in his own place of business? Maybe I'm assuming, but I thought the show was set in Maine.

TonyB
August 17, 2005, 11:36 AM
I think he was ccw'ing...he actually came back into the office and found him there.....of course I don't know the laws in Maine..

iiibdsiil
August 17, 2005, 11:45 AM
I would rather people believe you need a permit to own a firearm then to think "Anyone with a firearm is lunatic"

Sunray
August 17, 2005, 12:35 PM
Maine only requires a permit to carry concealed. Including a vehicle's glove box. Open carry is ok. No mention of a place of business at all.

AF_INT1N0
August 17, 2005, 12:39 PM
Considering this is a TV show.. I would much rather the sherriff said "got a permit" than "Hey don't you know your not supposed to have one of those, those are dangerous, you'll shoot your eye out!!!!"

Me

Werewolf
August 17, 2005, 01:15 PM
I hate it when people refer to it as a permit. :fire:

Please - oh please - massuh. May I carry a gun around in public. I won' let no won seez it massuh - I' promises you that I won't. Please BOSS! May I have a permit? :banghead:

I don't see anything about no stinking permit in the 2nd Amendment...

NIGHTWATCH
August 17, 2005, 02:06 PM
Permit=Privilege :barf:

Darth Ruger
August 17, 2005, 02:15 PM
Flashback to 1978, in the original "Halloween"... The psychiatrist has a gun, tells the Sheriff he has a permit, shows it to him, and nothing more is said about it.

ExtremeDooty
August 17, 2005, 09:08 PM
I like this show more and more every week....

I liked this show too, but I think you're watching reruns. I thought this show was canceled a couple of years ago. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Halffast
August 17, 2005, 10:40 PM
Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

You're wrong about that! :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun moment on The Dead Zone" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!