M1-Garand Or M1A

PDA

Benelli Shooter
August 17, 2005, 10:38 PM
I already have a Garand, but I was wondering if I should get another or an M1A. I have already done some research and I think that they are both very nice guns.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "M1-Garand Or M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
30Cal
August 18, 2005, 01:26 PM
I have both, like them both, but I shoot the M1A in competition. The M1A in match configuration is a little more rugged than the match M1. .308 is going to be cheaper in the long run.

If I was looking to buy an M1A, I'd pick one up used. You can find match tuned ones (by well known builders--therefor proven) for a couple hundred $$$ less than a new standard grade rifle--and it'll hold its value better if you decide it's not what you want. I see one over at M14 forum for $1100.

All in all, the AR is a better match rifle--cheaper, cheaper to feed and easier to shoot.

Ty

Ian
August 18, 2005, 02:29 PM
Depends what kind of shooting you plan to do with it, though the M1A is more practical in most applications.

Steve Smith
August 18, 2005, 09:06 PM
Benelli Shooter, do you mean for competition use? If so, what particular type of competition? If you just mean as a plinker, then let me know and I'll move this thread to the Rifle forum. :)

WarMachine
August 28, 2005, 09:07 PM
I am not sure if I have an answer to your question or not, but I would absolutely love to own either an M1 Garand or an M1A as they are two of my favorite rifle formats. If you do decide to get another one, make sure to post some pics, and shoot safe :D

chopinbloc
September 1, 2005, 07:29 AM
i vote m1a. finally talked myself into getting one.

P-32
September 10, 2005, 01:39 AM
I have a tuned M-1 in 308 but like 30 cal said the AR is the way to go. I shoot the tuned AR MUCH better and it's cheaper to shoot. Someday I will have a tuned up M-1A but that is long away.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1-Garand Or M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!