Stolen AR15 from Minnesota / OD Colored

PDA

sully
March 24, 2003, 10:36 PM
Attn: Be on the look out for a STOLEN AR15 from the recent Minnesota State Fairgrounds Gun Show. Stolen was a custom Olive Drab colored AR15. It is done on a DPMS Lower Receiver. The upper is a DPMS Tactical-16 (Dissipator Style). It had black handguards and a Sully Stock.

This gun was stolen from a Custom Builder / Gunsmith friend of mine's table, sometime Saturday after the show closed and before opening Sunday Morning. If anyone spots this gun please contact me.

Thank you,
Sully
Chief Instructor
www.defensive-edge.net
www.dpmsinc.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Stolen AR15 from Minnesota / OD Colored" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Yohan
March 24, 2003, 11:02 PM
You should always secure your guns! I hope the guy who stole it doesn't committ any crimes with it, but if he does, you should be held accountable. Rifles aren't just pieces of log, they're weapons capable of doing great damage! I hope you take more care when you handle a rifle next time. :rolleyes:

blades67
March 24, 2003, 11:07 PM
Yohan, you're way out of line.

sully, I hope they find the rifle soon.

Gewehr98
March 24, 2003, 11:29 PM
Ever notice that the handguns have the nifty cable lock going through them, but the rifles often don't? :scrutiny:

But hey, way to dump salt into an open wound, dude. :what:

Oleg Volk
March 24, 2003, 11:33 PM
Sully is a great firearms trainer and a good human. I feel bad about the loss of his rifle, can only hope that some other exhibitor packed it by mistake and would return it. Best of luck on this!

Yohan
March 24, 2003, 11:40 PM
I would like to offer my apoligies to you, Sully sir. I pulled an anti (acted without using logic). I hope the rifle gets returned safely, but meanwhile, I hope you will keep a closer watch on your guns so that further disaster will get avoided. Who knows where your gun is currently?:scrutiny:

thumbtack
March 24, 2003, 11:50 PM
Yohan,

You sure are coming off awful strong for not knowing any of the detail of the theft.

MitchSchaft
March 24, 2003, 11:52 PM
I pulled an anti (acted without using logic).

Yes, I have noticed that you do that pretty often and I can see your left-leanings in other posts. :scrutiny:

Yohan
March 24, 2003, 11:53 PM
thumbtack,

Hence, the apoligy for pulling an "anti". I'm stressed out right now because I've been slaving over a 10 page research paper and it got deleted. Back on topic. *ahem*

Mitch,
Sir, I think I'll pull the "But I'm just a teen so I can make dumb mistakes and get away with it" card this time. I'll consider that my get out of jail for free card.

thumbtack
March 24, 2003, 11:56 PM
I see that now. You replied while I was still composing my reply.

SquirrelNuts
March 24, 2003, 11:58 PM
Sully said it was stolen from a friend's table and not his. Read the original post.

-SquirrelNuts

MitchSchaft
March 25, 2003, 12:00 AM
"But I'm just a teen so I can make dumb mistakes and get away with it"

Fair enough. We all have to learn sometime:neener:.

AQUAJOE
March 25, 2003, 12:09 AM
Yohan,

Your research paper got deleted. Bummer!! Next time you should be more carefull. If it was that important of a paper you should take more care not to delete things or protect them from others who could delete. Sounds very careless.

Oh one last thing. Make backups often of important files. It will save you to time in the long run and make you less stressed.

And thats all I have to say about that.:D

MitchSchaft
March 25, 2003, 12:29 AM
lol! Burn!

Yohan
March 25, 2003, 12:30 AM
Aquajoe, the paper was deleted because Windows... deleted it. I did have it on a floppy, but my.. dog.. ate it. :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: *runs*

Kaylee
March 25, 2003, 12:16 PM
who whoa whoa... apologies made, let it drop guys.

Hope you find the rifle soon Sully!

Steve Smith
March 25, 2003, 12:19 PM
If you think that the "I'm just a teen" comment is a get out of jail free card, then it isn't.

spacemanspiff
March 25, 2003, 12:27 PM
i think yohan stole all the 'get out of jail free' cards from the deck.

yohan, if i may offer some advice as a 27 yr old geezer:
think twice, post once.
just because you have something on the tip of your tongue thats dying to be said, doesnt mean it HAS to be said. being 'underspoken' is a quality seldom seen anymore, and that my friends, is a shame.

mpthole
March 25, 2003, 12:32 PM
I don't know when that (Msp/StPaul) show was, but I don't recall seeing anything like it at the recent (this past weekend) Onalaska, WI show. I hope it turns up and I'll keep an eye out for it down here in these parts. Got a serial #?

larry_minn
March 25, 2003, 12:33 PM
This gun was stolen from a Custom Builder / Gunsmith friend of mine's table, sometime Saturday after the show closed and before opening Sunday Morning.......
Guess most of you have never been involved with a gun show. Or even helped anyone out who is. FYI they do NOT pack everthing up guns/ammo/books/leather/etc into trucks and drive to hotel and watch truck with shotgun all night. Part of the "service" for renting a table is the promoter/others provide SECURITY when show is closed. That way they can leave table laid out ready for morning.
A certain time after close NOBODY is supposed to be in there except security folk. Sometimes they can be the ones taking stuff. :( I have heard stories of the "fun" security has had with tables FULL of neat guns. I.E pulling fast draw contests with holsters from one table and older six guns from another. IMO they should be fired and jailed.
I recall one dealer telling me he found a live rd in one of his rifles the second day. He had checked it when laid it out. Many times over the day and always unloaded both before and after handing to people. Start of second day there was a live rd in chamber. Thing is he didn't have any ammo along for that caliber. Had to come from another place.

Two questions. What is the serial number and exactly what is a Sully stock?

Matt G
March 25, 2003, 01:18 PM
sully:

Be sure and file a complete police report with the serial numbers, any pics, and a thorough description of the rifle. Keep bugging the investigator. Ask (politely) for a copy of the teletype confirmation that the correct SN has been inserted into NCIC. (This is more important than you might think: usually you can't run a partial SN; it needs to be inserted correctly.) Do you have a scan of the SN on the receiver? (This is a favorite technique of mine: I scan the receivers of all my firearms, and store them in an Excel file on a disk.)

My condolences. I hope you get your rifle back.

Kentucky Rifle
March 25, 2003, 01:40 PM
I put off reading this post 'till now because I knew how angry I'd be in reading about this low-life thief. (The extra time didn't help.) Sneak thieves like this make me mad as hell. I'll get a print out of the description of the rifle and be on the lookout for same at the gun shows I attend throughout Kentucky and Indiana. (I'll need something to show the Police in case I'm the guy who finds the thief.) I'll even go to gun shows I normally don't attend just to look for this rifle. Other than intentional cruelty, thievery sends my "anger meter" off the scale.

Kentucky Rifle

aerod1
March 25, 2003, 01:58 PM
Yohan,
Pleeease, tell me your not really from Dallas!
Jim Hall

Carlos Cabeza
March 25, 2003, 03:28 PM
Nope, Austin.................

sully
March 25, 2003, 04:47 PM
This rifle was stolen from a friends table. My friend is a custom builder who put a OD/Green Teflon finish on the gun, which will make it stand out since there aren't too many around that are built on a DPMS lower receiver in that color.

The Sully Stock is a short fixed tactical stock, shorter than a standard A1, and has it's own features. These stocks are something new that I recently made available after its two years in the making, and it should stand out from a normal stock on a quick visual check. See my website, in the Tactical Shop to get an idea of what this stock looks like.
http://www.defensive-edge.net/sullystock.html

I lock my guns up at the shows which usually helps to keep them from growing legs.

This rifle has already been reported to be stolen to the Police as well as the show promoters/organizers. Yes it has been entered into NCIC, as I am a Law Enforcement Officer and made sure it was entered.

This post was made to make others aware that there is a person who has the disrespect to steal a nice rifle, and hopefully someone who frequents this site might come across this rifle and will do the right thing and let someone of authority know its' where abouts so it gets returned to its' rightful owner.

Thank you,
Sully
Chief Instructor
www.defensive-edge.net
www.dpmsinc.com

Kahr carrier
March 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
That Sucks .:mad: Hope you recover it ,or it turns up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stolen AR15 from Minnesota / OD Colored" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!