Rohm Rg10 .22 Short? What The H**L Is That???

PDA

Amadeus
August 22, 2005, 04:22 AM
Please tell me about these revolvers. Saw one tonight. The action was all gunked up. I would not even rub a round against the gun for fear of something going wrong.

Anyone know about Rohms?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rohm Rg10 .22 Short? What The H**L Is That???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Riphalman
August 22, 2005, 05:55 AM
German Crappola

armoredman
August 22, 2005, 10:40 AM
The worst of German engineering - junk guns, soft metal, too ugly to make a decent paperweight, good as a fishing weight....

foghornl
August 22, 2005, 12:00 PM
Armoredman has it...the Rohm/RG handguns are not particularly above medium quality. Had one similar to the one you describe, except it would shoot S/L/LR ammo. Not very accurate... in 150 rounds of as many different brands as I could find, I hit a 9" paper plate TWICE at 2 yards. Sent almost as much lead sideways as downrange.

Thats right 2 YARDS=6 FEET.

I currently have a 2" .38Spl RG-38. OK shooter, but nothing special. Does, however, send all lead downrage, instead of about half of it sideways like my .22 model did.

Onmilo
August 22, 2005, 01:49 PM
See the thread about the quote "Hotter than a two dollar pistol."

RGs are the stolen pistols that would bring the thief two dollars,,, on a good day.

CAS700850
August 22, 2005, 02:18 PM
I always heard the "RG" stood for "rotten gun."

:D

lee n. field
August 22, 2005, 05:17 PM
"The John Hinkley Jr. Special"

Hutch
August 22, 2005, 07:05 PM
It was my first handgun. Bought it from a cousin for $3.00. If you are industrious/stupid (and 11 yo) you can take a file to a .22lr HP and file the bullet down enough to fit in the chamber. Couldn't hit your hat at arms-length. I've had better cap-guns

Elmer
August 22, 2005, 08:11 PM
But other than that, they're great guns..... ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Rohm Rg10 .22 Short? What The H**L Is That???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!