The New Stainless SA Mil-Spec

PDA

Beorn
March 25, 2003, 09:51 AM
So, I want one...

I live in PRK.

Whaddaya do?

(Think they'll have one at the OC Gun Show this weekend?)

:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "The New Stainless SA Mil-Spec" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
March 25, 2003, 11:48 AM
Hey, if it's at a show, it's for sale, right?

Matthew_Q
March 25, 2003, 11:51 AM
Nice choice of pistol... I just got the parkerized milspec. Nice gun, nice finish. Haven't shot it yet, but I expect it will run great like the other SA pistols I've had.

As far as the PRK situation:

first, I say, it sucks to be you

second I say, move to a free state...

Nah... California wouldn't be so bad, except for the people in it (you and many others not included), and the smog in the LA area.... but alas... it has become the PRK...

Not sure about the situation finding a Milspec over there... if it has to be 'approved' by big brother, or what... I'm used to just going to the store and buying what I want.

ocabj
March 25, 2003, 12:20 PM
Give it a month or two and it should be on the CA DoJ approved list of handguns. The S&W 1911 made it to the list fairly quick after it was announced for consumer sale. I see no reason why the new SA Stainless Milspec won't make the list, considering their entire line (as far as I know) is CA DoJ approved.

SigLaw
March 25, 2003, 02:56 PM
It looks like it was approved on the 20th.

Springfield Armory PB9151L / Stainless Steel .45 ACP Pistol 5" 3/20/2003

ocabj
March 25, 2003, 03:05 PM
Sweet. Looks like I've got another $500 expenditure in a few weeks. I've been looking for a project gun in SS. This should be an inexpensive startup. I bet there's going to be a run on these things in CA when they hit stores, though.

GTKrockeTT
March 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
looks pretty sweet!:D

ocabj
March 25, 2003, 08:21 PM
The first thing I'd do to one if I bought it (other than getting more ammo) would be to take off those black grips. I replaced the ones on my SA parkerized milspec with Ahrends cocobolo combat checkered grips. For some reason, I prefer wood on my 1911s.

longeyes
March 25, 2003, 09:47 PM
How much more is the MSRP than the parkerized model? Looks good.

Beorn
March 25, 2003, 11:33 PM
I am SOOO gonna get Aluma-grips on mine when I get it!

Eat your heart out Skunk!!!

:D

10-Ring
March 25, 2003, 11:59 PM
Eat your heart out Skunk!!!

:D LOL :D SkunkabiRRy has a reputation! :D

Beorn
March 26, 2003, 12:10 AM
I don't know why I like these. They are soooo not tactical (but I guess neither is a Stainless .45 1911...)

Aluma Grips (http://www.alumagrips.com/main.taf?p=2)
Especially the clear anodized (does that scream PIMP?!? I'm not sure)...

Drjones
March 26, 2003, 12:45 AM
Uh-oh....

What everyone's been saying about "yeah, I said the last gun I bought was gonna be my last, and then I just bought this" is true!!!

:uhoh:

:D

Kahr carrier
March 26, 2003, 10:03 AM
Anybody know if Springfield is coming out with a Stainless operator???

If you enjoyed reading about "The New Stainless SA Mil-Spec" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!