Gun question on JeepForum.

PDA

magsnubby
August 23, 2005, 06:28 PM
Check out post number 2, 3 and 16. It's like going on a Honda forum and asking which new Ford should i buy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun question on JeepForum." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sindawe
August 23, 2005, 06:34 PM
A link would be nice. :D

magsnubby
August 23, 2005, 06:43 PM
www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187228

dolanp
August 23, 2005, 06:50 PM
Nice to see a gun topic on a non-gun forum without antis frothing at the mouth spewing garbage.

Black Majik
August 23, 2005, 06:52 PM
"I shoot a Glock Model 17 10mm."

http://www.socalsportbikes.com/xmb/images/smilies/jestera.gif

LiquidTension
August 23, 2005, 06:54 PM
Somebody there has a Glock 17 10mm....interesting :scrutiny:

MechAg94
August 23, 2005, 06:59 PM
I thought .223 will run through walls, just not as many as other rifle calibers.

Anyone ever tried #4 buckshot for defense w/ a shotgun? My Dad and I were thinking this would give you more projectiles while still not as small as BB's. Never tried it myself.

After watching that Dealy Weapons video, I am not all that confident in shot shell pistol ammo. I would have some concern about bird shot at any distance.

james481
August 23, 2005, 07:09 PM
Hmmm, sounds like a bunch of people who don't know what they are talking about... A shotgun makes a fine self-defense tool, provided it is loaded with the right ammo. Save the bird shot for when you get attacked by birds, use 00 or 000 buck if you want to defend yourself from people. Bird shot does not penetrate enough to rapidly incapcitate a motivated attacker. Also, I love the guy who said that Glocks are like H2s... all looks and no function?!?! If he thinks Glocks are all looks, I would hate to see what he thinks an ugly gun is? (BTW I love my Glock, but a looker she ain't!)

James

magsnubby
August 23, 2005, 07:31 PM
Guess i need to contact Glock to see what happened to my other millimeter. My 17 only shoots 9mm's. I want my other millimeter.

I really want to see the guy in post #17 fire on of those flamers inside his house. Should make an interesting conversation at the local fire department.

cslinger
August 23, 2005, 07:39 PM
Nice to see a gun topic on a non-gun forum without antis frothing at the mouth spewing garbage.

You will find that most folks who take the time and effort to take care of themselves even in the most basic ways have no problems with firearms. Most Jeep folks tend to be pretty self reliant to a point as are most truck folks and therefore are used to carrying basic supplies, jumper cables, fire extinguishers, rope, tools etc. Firearms are just an extension of this mindset.

It is the folks who are brought up believing that somebody else will always be there to help you that tend to have a dim view on firearms and self defense in general in my exp.

The same can be found on forums such as F150online and candlepowerforums. People ask gun questions and get reasoned well thought out answers all the time. Even the people who don't care for guns don't tend to get upset about other people having them.

I am by no means Paul Bunyon and I certainly have had a privledged upbringing but I can change my own oil, jump a dead battery, fix a fuse, etc. and so on. I was brought to always rely on myself first and others second.

One reason why I look at a person or place's views on firearms is because I find it to be a good yardstick as to their other views and beliefs as well.

My uneducated, dumb, knuckle dragging, gun nut, two cents. :D

Chris

griz
August 23, 2005, 07:52 PM
Guess i need to contact Glock to see what happened to my other millimeter.

Hey, mine too! I wonder if they can send millimeters by mail? I could get two and have an 11 mm :D

Eightball
August 23, 2005, 07:59 PM
I could get two and have an 11 mm Why stop there? .50 cal Glock, anyone :D ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun question on JeepForum." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!