CZ 97B suitable for Limited-10???

PDA

8200rpm
August 24, 2005, 11:32 PM
For someone with no ISPC or IDPA experience...

Is a CZ 97B a good choice for Limited-10 or would a basic single stack 1911 with 10 rd. mags be the way to go???

A basic 1911 (fixed sights, no mag well) is already in my inventory. I may be able to borrow a holster, 10 round mags, and mag pouches for the time being.

I guess I just need an excuse to buy a CZ 97B. The double column mags and a low starter price seems awfully attractive. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 97B suitable for Limited-10???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Alex45ACP
August 24, 2005, 11:43 PM
If you don't already know about it: http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=142347

We need a few more people.

HSMITH
August 25, 2005, 08:28 AM
In L10 the 1911 is probably the most popular overall, about 10-1 above everything else at the matches around here.

I am sure a 97 would be capable but wonder about the availability of magwells, fiber optic sights, grips, things like that. The 1911 has anything and everything you could ever want available.

oct_97
August 25, 2005, 11:30 AM
In IDPA the .45 caliber is a "Custom Defensive Pistol" with a maximum of eight rounds allowed in the magazine plus one in the barrel. You can use 10 round magazines but must load only 8+1 for the first mag and 8 thereafter.

eclipse1
August 25, 2005, 04:03 PM
singel stack is the way to go for L10

cadfael
August 25, 2005, 08:51 PM
One disadvantage is that the mags may not be drop-free, which definitely put's a hitch in your reloads.

Adam

kngflp
August 26, 2005, 12:09 AM
Put in a drop free mag break and go to town, the CZ 97 is the softest shooting .45 I have ever shot, follow up shots are quite easy. Some would say that the extra weight of the gun could also cause you to overswing targets. I had hogue wraparound grips on mine which are quite comfy but have gone back to the factory grips for no real reason. Customs rigs are available in kydex and leather. I have a Don Hume JIT slide for a Ruger that works well for $22.00. You don't really need a huge mag well either because it is a double stack mag and slides in easily.

Morgan
August 26, 2005, 05:12 AM
Single stack is NOT the way to go for L10, if you're in it to win.

The most competetive L10 guns are STI/SVI Limited guns, downloaded to 10 rds.

That said, L10 is a great place to have fun with whatever gun you have that's over 9mm and doesn't hold 18 rounds or more.

I shoot my duty USP45 and do fine. A CZ would be pretty cool - or an HK, or a single stack...

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 97B suitable for Limited-10???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!