Hungarian AMD

PDA

Dain Bramage
March 25, 2003, 04:08 PM
AIM has these paratrooper AK's for $600. I was wondering if anybody has one and what they think of it.

How is the quality, as far as AK variants go? Any problems with the Frankensteined receiver? They're selling without mags, do standard AK mags work?

Any comments are appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hungarian AMD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ian
March 25, 2003, 04:12 PM
Yeesh, for $600 you could get a Vepr (or a pair of SARs) rather than a surplus AK with a fixed wire stock. What's the point of those stocks, anyway? You can't get a cheek weld at all, and accuracy really suffers for it. I guess they weigh a bit less, and have a gunshop commando look to them...but really, practical is a better choice than tactical.

Dain Bramage
March 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
Haven't you heard of paratrooper chic? If you use the double pistol grip, you're not going to get much of a cheek weld anyway.

I also have to use your quote "practical is better than tactical". Sounds like mall-ninja kryptonite.

But seriously, I realize that it's mostly a toy. I was just wondering if it was a decent toy.

And for what it's worth, it's listed as new, not surplus.:D

goon
March 25, 2003, 09:33 PM
What kind of reciever are those AMD's built on?
And who built them?
If it is a group called Hesse, avoid them.
As far as the whole stock/cheek weld thing, the gun is most likely a toy anyway. If you are just gonna burn ammo up, it is a moot point.
A guy over at AK-47.net had an idea about a detachable stock a little while back, he even contacted the ATF about it.
If you like the folding stock, but want to stay legal, maybe you should search over there and check that out.
He may have found another loophole.
:D

Dain Bramage
March 27, 2003, 09:22 AM
I just heard back from AIM that the receivers are built by Gordon Technologies. Anyone have a history with them?

Also, they said there was no special reason that the AMD's don't include a mag, "they just did not come with mags when we bought them".

If you enjoyed reading about "Hungarian AMD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!