Buying Airgun Online in michigan

August 26, 2005, 01:04 AM
I live in michigan and ordered a Gamo air rifle and i got email that they couldn't ship to me due to being retricted. :banghead: Thats funny since i got CMP orders(M1,1903,m1917), antique firearms and ammo shipped to me with no problems. :confused:

I have been doing some checking and some Internet companys will ship and some will not.

Somthing to do with air pistols, need a purchase premit. However air rifles not exceeding .177 some say are not regulated.

Tried reading up on the MI gun laws, but could not find a definitive answer.

Anyone now what the real story on this?

I will call and chat with the Sportsman Guide(where i ordered from) tommorrow, but i think i know where it will go. : :fire: :cuss:

I guess a Air Rifles is more dangerous then a M1

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying Airgun Online in michigan" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
August 26, 2005, 01:33 AM
Don't you remember "A Christmas Story." He shot his eye out!

August 26, 2005, 11:39 AM
Air pistols that shoot anything but a BB (including a pellet) need to go through the permit process. My guess is that they confused that, and included all air guns.

August 28, 2005, 10:44 PM
I talked to Cust Svc on friday. I told them about the laws, but they would not budge.

August 28, 2005, 11:26 PM
And they are not going to. At least, until their lawyers take the time to look at the claim, and see if it has any merit.

Sheldon J
August 29, 2005, 10:19 PM
It's the riffled barell, at least that is what Cabellas said when they ran a NICS on me when I bought one in Dundee. Mi Clasifies any riffled barell'ed gun a weapon and those Gamo's have a very agressive twist, 1,000 fps, n shoots 1" groups at 75 yards too. Good red squirl gun for areas where a bang brings too much attention. BTY will kill a treed Racoon with the hollow point pellets. :cool:

August 29, 2005, 11:21 PM
NICS does not have to be run on airguns. Nor muzzleloaders. If they ran one on you, I'd get in contact ASAP.

Although, I don't see how they would, because they are out in the open where anyone can pick one up and take it to the normal counter.

August 30, 2005, 05:51 PM
Just buy one from a different vendor.

I had zero problems w/getting my RWS model 48 (UPS'd) to me from Cabelas.

August 30, 2005, 06:06 PM
Sportsmans might be a little paranoid. They wouldn't send me a m1 carbine stock pouch either. You know the WW2 ones that hold 2 GI mags. Oh well I got a dated one at a gun show for 15 bucks =) 1943 btw.

August 31, 2005, 12:08 AM
I called Cabelas and they said they would not send a airgun to me until they sent a couple of forms had them Notorized and sent back to them. I found a Airgun Internet company and seemed like they send the order. I placed the order and got a order confirmation back today from them today, so i would assume they are going to ship.

Really odd sportsman guide had no problem sending me ammo or a 1895 turkish mauser. Or would seem to have no problem sending me a Hawkins flintlock rifle i am looking at.

Oh well there loss.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying Airgun Online in michigan" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!