Buying Airgun Online in michigan

PDA

Flyboy73
August 26, 2005, 02:04 AM
I live in michigan and ordered a Gamo air rifle and i got email that they couldn't ship to me due to being retricted. :banghead: Thats funny since i got CMP orders(M1,1903,m1917), antique firearms and ammo shipped to me with no problems. :confused:

I have been doing some checking and some Internet companys will ship and some will not.

Somthing to do with air pistols, need a purchase premit. However air rifles not exceeding .177 some say are not regulated.

Tried reading up on the MI gun laws, but could not find a definitive answer.

Anyone now what the real story on this?

I will call and chat with the Sportsman Guide(where i ordered from) tommorrow, but i think i know where it will go. : :fire: :cuss:

Brion

I guess a Air Rifles is more dangerous then a M1

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying Airgun Online in michigan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SquirrelNuts
August 26, 2005, 02:33 AM
Don't you remember "A Christmas Story." He shot his eye out!

jefnvk
August 26, 2005, 12:39 PM
Air pistols that shoot anything but a BB (including a pellet) need to go through the permit process. My guess is that they confused that, and included all air guns.

Flyboy73
August 28, 2005, 11:44 PM
I talked to Cust Svc on friday. I told them about the laws, but they would not budge.

Brion

jefnvk
August 29, 2005, 12:26 AM
And they are not going to. At least, until their lawyers take the time to look at the claim, and see if it has any merit.

Sheldon J
August 29, 2005, 11:19 PM
It's the riffled barell, at least that is what Cabellas said when they ran a NICS on me when I bought one in Dundee. Mi Clasifies any riffled barell'ed gun a weapon and those Gamo's have a very agressive twist, 1,000 fps, n shoots 1" groups at 75 yards too. Good red squirl gun for areas where a bang brings too much attention. BTY will kill a treed Racoon with the hollow point pellets. :cool:

jefnvk
August 30, 2005, 12:21 AM
NICS does not have to be run on airguns. Nor muzzleloaders. If they ran one on you, I'd get in contact ASAP.

Although, I don't see how they would, because they are out in the open where anyone can pick one up and take it to the normal counter.

41mag
August 30, 2005, 06:51 PM
Just buy one from a different vendor.

I had zero problems w/getting my RWS model 48 (UPS'd) to me from Cabelas.

Luchtaine
August 30, 2005, 07:06 PM
Sportsmans might be a little paranoid. They wouldn't send me a m1 carbine stock pouch either. You know the WW2 ones that hold 2 GI mags. Oh well I got a dated one at a gun show for 15 bucks =) 1943 btw.

Flyboy73
August 31, 2005, 01:08 AM
I called Cabelas and they said they would not send a airgun to me until they sent a couple of forms had them Notorized and sent back to them. I found a Airgun Internet company and seemed like they send the order. I placed the order and got a order confirmation back today from them today, so i would assume they are going to ship.

Really odd sportsman guide had no problem sending me ammo or a 1895 turkish mauser. Or would seem to have no problem sending me a Hawkins flintlock rifle i am looking at.

Oh well there loss.

Brion

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying Airgun Online in michigan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!