Any Highroaders in Bleaksburg, VA or VPI

PDA

GunnySkox
August 26, 2005, 03:32 AM
Howdy, y'all,

First, I'd ask the Moderators to leave this on General, instead of moving it to Rallying, at least for the moment, because the former seems to get more traffic, AFAICT.

That said, I was wondering if any of ye THRers live in Bleaksburg, VA, or (even better) are currently attending t3h Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. It's fast approaching my first weekend here at Tech, and I'm itching to go to the Range (I know there's one in Jefferson National Forest), and I lack a vehicle.

Despite spending my whole week telling anybody who would listen that I shoot for fun, and would be glad to go with anybody who'd be interested (and also has a car), I've got no takers, so now I bring my plea to T3h High Road, as the kids say. Please PM me if there's another Hokie 'round here who's heading to the range this weekend.

~Slam_Fire
Incoherence is the result of caffeine ingestion and being awake too long.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Highroaders in Bleaksburg, VA or VPI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atblis
August 26, 2005, 11:03 AM
I go to VT.
atblis@vt.edu
If I am headed out to the range I wouldn't mind giving you a ride.

However, I don't usually go to the Nat. Forest range. There's something about having a loaded gun pointed at you that makes you not want to go back to a place. The Christiansburg Izaak Walton is where I do most of my shooting.

Do you shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays etc. ? We have a Clay Target Team.
www.vtclays.org.vt.edu
That would get you to the range each week. Clay Target team members are allowed to use the Izaak Walton range for pistol and rifle as well.

GunnySkox
August 26, 2005, 12:20 PM
I can shoot trap, but I'm not particularly good at it. Are there any less... formal shooting groups up heah at Tech? Shoot me a PM or an email if you're headed to the range sometime soon: brollins@vt.edu

Thanks, atblis!

~Slam_Fire

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Highroaders in Bleaksburg, VA or VPI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!