BB gun death in Tennessee

PDA

enfield
August 26, 2005, 08:55 AM
This is the only info I have now.

"A 13-year-old Chester County boy is charged with murder in the shooting death of his grandfather with a BB gun. The grandfather, 83-year-old L.C. Trice, died following a single wound to the right eye from the air rifle."

Here's a link for more of the story: click (http://www.chestercountyindependent.com/news.ez?viewStory=1114&Form.sess_id=597060&Form.sess_key=1125059962)

If you enjoyed reading about "BB gun death in Tennessee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HighVelocity
August 26, 2005, 09:38 AM
A sad story indeed. :( Air guns injure/kill people every year. Probably because some folks don't think of it as a real gun and don't realize it can kill a person. So they are careless with it.
Here's an interesting article from last Novembers issue of Pediatrics:

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/114/5/1357?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=bb+gun&searchid=1125059764733_3858&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&journalcode=pediatrics

04SilverSCFX4
August 26, 2005, 09:50 AM
What a waste. Obviously, no one took the time to teach this kid any type of weapon safety. I remember at my earliest years hearing my father get into my a$$ for pointing my plastic toy guns at someone. Believe me, a little hand to a$$ reinforcement was all that was needed.

gulogulo1970
August 27, 2005, 02:38 AM
It's sad...but the kid did it on purpose. He intended to injure his grandfather and ended up killing him.

Weapon safety does no good if you want to hurt someone else.

Waffen
August 27, 2005, 04:51 AM
Thats really sad. I am sure that kid will regret that for the rest of his life. Killing you're own Grandfather.... :(

Matthew748
August 27, 2005, 07:37 AM
What a terrible story to wake up to. The boy is so young and he has probably ruined his life. If the story is accurate, no amount of safety training would have helped, as it states that he pumped the rifle up, aimed it with purpose, and pulled the trigger.

larry starling
August 27, 2005, 08:46 AM
Wow, It's hard to believe that a BB gun could kill. Sorry that it happened. :what:

PCGS65
August 27, 2005, 11:29 AM
About 10 years ago a friend of mine that I didn't see for years comitted suicide with a BB gun, a point blank shot to the temple. It was very sad. I never though someone could be killed with a BB gun untill this happened.

If you enjoyed reading about "BB gun death in Tennessee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!