AOL memebrs; time to change ISP

PDA

MachIVshooter
August 26, 2005, 09:01 PM
AOL fired three people in Utah for possessing firearms on company property. Lets hit them where it hurts.

Also, Weyerhaeuser Company in Oklahoma fired 11 people for the same reason-except their parking lot is totally public! Boycott these bastards too.

Conoco-phillips petroleum and Halliburton are also on this bandwagon, so lets let them all know it ain't a good decision.

Source: NRA ILA

If you enjoyed reading about "AOL memebrs; time to change ISP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
waterhouse
August 26, 2005, 09:20 PM
AOL still has customers? :neener:

Rob1035
August 26, 2005, 09:22 PM
AOL still has customers?

LOL, exactly.

Conoco-phillips petroleum and Halliburton are also on this bandwagon, so lets let them all know it ain't a good decision.

So now both sides hate these companies, I guess :neener:

MachIVshooter
August 26, 2005, 10:38 PM
So now both sides hate these companies

I don't think Halliburton was ever "liked" by either side, it was just that the Dems tried to use it to tarnish Cheney. The way I see it, all companies involved in petroleum are greedy bastards. But I can live with it until they're greedy gun grabbing bastards.

Car Knocker
August 26, 2005, 11:00 PM
In the AOL case, it wasn't on their property - it involved parking spaces that were leased in a public parking lot. It occured in September, 2000.

Taurus 66
August 26, 2005, 11:55 PM
What if I don't have a gun in my car, but the dog detects the remnants of solvents, oils, or whatever it sniffs? Do I have to allow security the consent to search inside in order to stay in the parking lot?

A gun locked inside a vehicle while on public property is a gun locked inside private property. Companies who treat their employees in this manner should have the employees turn around and sue them for violation of their constitutional rights.

AOL's down the toilet already.

What is it from Weyerhaeuser Company that I should boycott? Do they make hot dogs or bratwurst or something?

Conoco-phillips petroleum and Halliburton?? Boycotting fuel is next to impossible. I don't have the money to go "hybrid", and I'm not walking to work!

Car Knocker
August 27, 2005, 12:29 AM
Utah Supreme Court upheld AOL on appeal.

dpesec
August 27, 2005, 12:43 AM
I wonder if the SCOTUS will get involved

thisisdenny
August 27, 2005, 02:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Weyerhaeuser makes a lot of paper and paper products.

-Denny

XLMiguel
August 27, 2005, 10:43 AM
I hate AOL for so many reasons that I wont bore y'all with. They're headquartered near here. Currently, they're paying their service(?) reps a bonus for talking people out of cancelling their service, but in the process they're generating a lot of complaints from people who feel they're being badgered or harassed when they want to cancel. :evil: Morons!

wmenorr67
August 27, 2005, 10:48 AM
Conoco-Phillips joined in a federal lawsuit to prevent a law that Oklahoma passed to prevent businesses from firing people for having lawfully owned firearms locked in private vehicles. It was in response to the Weyerhaeuser situation. Whirlpool helped to start the lawsuit but dropped out after threats of boycotts.

Stickjockey
August 27, 2005, 11:17 AM
Weyerhauser=paper and wood products.

Weyerhauser (http://www.wy.com/)

Chrontius
August 27, 2005, 06:03 PM
AOL's been sued for not discontinuing the accounts of people that want to quit. Go figure.

JERRY
August 27, 2005, 07:31 PM
yeah, right,....................

with all the levi's on baby boomer wide ass'es, and AOL on their computor.......

do you think they will change? no, they wont even think twice about supporting anti-self defense companys as they walk into a Hal-mark to buy their wife a card.......

edited to add.................how did AOL find the guns in these cars?

never give consent to a search. if they have probable cause or some kind of "right" they wouldnt be asking for consent.

iiibdsiil
August 27, 2005, 11:34 PM
Problem with AOL is that most of the people that use it don't even realize you can go on the internet with the "E" (Initernet Explorer). I know so many people that pay for broadband, then pay for AOL, and then sign on to AOL to go to a website, because they think they have too.

Car Knocker
August 28, 2005, 12:10 AM
The employees were transferring the firearms between vehicles.

ChickenHawk
August 28, 2005, 03:37 PM
We've had this discussion a number of times.

Bottom line is that if an employer has a rule forbidding you to wear shorts but you insist on wearing them to work anyway you can be terminated.

Many businesses forbid carrying guns on premises and some include the parking structures. Courts have upheld their right to do that.

Most do not even bother to post the required signage, which means you can carry anyway and you are not breaking any laws, BUT it also means you may be fired if you are discovered.

You make your choices. If the job is important enough to you then carry everywhere but work and leave your gun in the car (this is what I do). Else, find another job.

In the AOL case, if those guys hadn't been moving guns between vehicles no one would have checked their cars and they would have been fine. I have friends that I go shooting with at lunch time on occassion. We take our own cars to avoid this very problem.

I'm not thrilled with this either, but we can't argue with the fact that people (and businesses) have the right to set the rules for their own property ... just like you do with yours.

Regards,
ChickenHawk

If you enjoyed reading about "AOL memebrs; time to change ISP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!