Firearms Related Predictions for 2003

PDA

Gary H
January 1, 2003, 02:02 PM
I guess that this topic might get more interesting in 2004, but here we go. New guns, laws and people in the news.

For example:

Will Heston stay as the titular head of the NRA?
Will your state further restrict, or liberalize gun laws?
Are revolvers making a comeback?
Any new guns on the horizon?
What about new technologies? i.e.: the expanding copper bullet..
Many other topics...

Personally, I don't have a clue. I do predict that I will buy a second Valtro, but this time in hard chrome. I don't think that I will discuss this prediction with my wife. Mums the word..

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms Related Predictions for 2003" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
January 1, 2003, 02:14 PM
I predict that the new German owned H&K will build a plant here in the US.. :uhoh: (I'm know that this is reaching a bit...) :(

Preacherman
January 1, 2003, 02:17 PM
I predict that in 2003, ranked in order of probability (greatest to least):

- THR will have at least a dozen threads on "Which is better - this caliber or that caliber?";

- The anti's will try to label everything semi-automatic as an "evil assault weapon that should be banned";

- Hillary will divorce Bill and marry Chuck Schumer, thereby gaining the immortal soubriquet of "Bride of Chucky";

- Rosie O'Donnell will join Bill O'Reilly on "The O'Reilly Factor" as comic relief;

- Tamara will enter a cloistered convent to become a silent, contemplative, prayerful nun;

- The moon will be discovered to have indeed been made of green cheese.

Blackhawk
January 1, 2003, 02:22 PM
Will Heston stay as the titular head of the NRA?
Will your state further restrict, or liberalize gun laws?
Are revolvers making a comeback?
Any new guns on the horizon?
What about new technologies? i.e.: the expanding copper bullet..
Heston will be replaced.
My shall issue state will have no change in its gun laws.
Revolvers will maintain their current status.
Three new guns at least: Rohrbaugh 9mm mousers, and 2 new Kel Tecs.
New technologies will include training gizmos, but I don't anticipate any new firearms technologies per se.

Blackhawk
January 1, 2003, 02:24 PM
You're dreaming PreacherMan!

The moon being outed as being made of green cheese is FAR more likely than Tamara becoming silent! :D

telewinz
January 1, 2003, 04:20 PM
State of Ohio will pass a CCW law.

The Assualt Weapon Ban will become a focus point for the media

MountainPeak
January 1, 2003, 04:31 PM
NM will pass another CCW law. They passed one last year, but it was ruled unconstitutional by NM's Supreme Court. This year it will stick. Unfortunately they will add a bunch of "qualifiers" that will preclude many people from obtaining a permit.

Standing Wolf
January 1, 2003, 04:56 PM
I predict we Coloradans will try, try again to pass a state-wide shall issue law, and the leftist extremists in Denver will continue to do their worst.

MountainPeak
January 1, 2003, 05:07 PM
I predict, that once again, I will try and explain to several "pure" hunting acquaintances my take on the 2nd Amendment and laws trying to limit it. I predict, that once again, I will be told they do not understand why I should worry. "After all why do we need more than a 3-5 round capacity for hunting"?

Sven
January 1, 2003, 10:22 PM
Gary H and I share a common future.

Hard chromed Valtro. 2003

cheygriz
January 2, 2003, 10:31 PM
I predict the media will make a full court press to get the "Homeland Defense Weapn" ban renewed, and made more repressive than it already is.

I predict that if the media, and the liberals can see that gun control is not going to happen, there will be another school yard massacre. (Is there a connection? I don't know!)

And last, but nor least, I predict that Joe Foss, Doug McArthur,George Patton, and Dwight Eisenhower will get together and hoist a glass of the Divine Brew in a toast to the good old U.S. of A.

MessedUpMike
January 2, 2003, 10:58 PM
Heston may well step down, Sellick as the replacement maybe?
If it goes to LaPierre I'm quitting
PRMd may well strike down the "Ballitic Fingerprinting" as it's costing a fortune in money the state doesn't have.
Warren Zevon won't see Dec 31st.
An extremely luccky armed citizen walks into terrorist doing their thing and dispatches said badguys therefore saving the day. The face of the armed citizen in the country is for ever changed. ********** lawyers still try to prosecute him for discharging a firearm in a residential neighborhood.:banghead:

MicroBalrog
January 2, 2003, 11:28 PM
...gun control will continue to lose popularity.
NRA might become more "solid" to prevent people from "leaking"
By the way, a terrorist attack _was_ stopped by private people here in Israel today.

gburner
January 2, 2003, 11:33 PM
hey Beavis......he said 'titular'.
huhuuhuhuhuuhuh.

Jim Diver
January 3, 2003, 12:30 AM
I predict that TSA will have a serious problem with Fife's and baggage apes stealing firearms and other goodies out of checked baggage now that they can pop locks w/o warrents.

I predict that PRK becomes the second state in the union to require that all firearms sold be of the "smart" variety.

I predict that NRA will not even bother to show up when SCOTUS hears the 5th and 9th RKBA issue.

Sorry, but I am just really angry right now.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms Related Predictions for 2003" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!