Shipping powder

PDA

Gillster
August 29, 2005, 04:50 AM
I don't know if this is the right section but here goes. If you find a great deal on powder or "smokeless propellent" while you are travelling, can you check it in checked luggage? If not, is there hazardous cargo fees to be paid when shipping it home? Anyone know??

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping powder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
coonan357
August 29, 2005, 05:04 AM
smokeless propellents & primers are forbidden on air shipments , they are classified as explosives in certain quantitys ,I forgot what the weight break is at .they must go by ground .

redneck2
August 29, 2005, 06:28 AM
After the jet went down in the Everglades, the airlines REALLY cracked down on what can be carried

I work for a company that sells industrial lubricants. We used to give out sample cans at the meetings. Got hit for something like a 10K fine for carrying restricted products. This was just spray lubes.

I can't imagine what the news media would say about someone carrying gun powder on an airplane, but I bet you'd have a long time to sit and think about it. Also, there are bomb sniffing dogs and machines.

Better save the $2 and get it at home.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping powder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!