time to show off...

PDA

280PLUS
March 25, 2003, 09:19 PM
no pic of me or the guns yet but i couldn't help posting my (near perfect) 99 that i just got in tonites match. this was my timed fire.
50 feet, scoped .22 ruger mkII,

for those who don't know timed fire is 2 - 20 second strings of 5 rounds each or 10 rounds in 40 seconds total

for those of you who dont believe you can hit the same hole twice check out the slightly larger looking hole in the x ring at about 1:00

total for the nite was 279, i coulda done a little better in slow fire but...i'll take it

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=191157

:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "time to show off..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
March 25, 2003, 09:22 PM
Good shootin', Tex!:)

telewinz
March 25, 2003, 09:24 PM
Good for you!:)

280PLUS
March 25, 2003, 09:47 PM
enough to scare anyone,,,eh?http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=191217

BerettaNut92
March 25, 2003, 09:54 PM
Dude. I get those groups at 21 feet :barf:

Umm...I'm 'Combat Accurate' :rolleyes:

Nice shootin'

Standing Wolf
March 25, 2003, 09:55 PM
Nice! I haven't shot a target that good in a long time! Well done.

March 25, 2003, 09:57 PM
Nice work:)

280PLUS
March 25, 2003, 10:06 PM
trigger control.

point your weapon at the target, have faith in the recent computer aided study that shows you are automatically centered on the black 95% of the time, yes, thats 95%,,,and concentrate instead on a nice slow steady SQUEEZE of that trigger.

if you cannot tell just about where that shot went before you spot the target, you are involuntarily blinking and don't realize it.

dry fire till you can do it without blinking or moving the muzzle.

make sure you don't mess up your gun doing it though.

when you can consistently say "hmmm, i think this shot went here" and be correct you are well on the way to some gooood shootin!

ps, i'm always happy to help, feel free to contact me.

m

:D

Steel
March 26, 2003, 10:13 AM
rock & roll!

spacemanspiff
March 26, 2003, 11:35 AM
psssh! i think my time honored technique of assuming my target will be moving so my shots that go offcenter compensate will do me very well.

in case you can't tell, i'm masking my jealousy with immature and ignorant commentary. good on ya 280. :D

Monkeyleg
March 26, 2003, 05:44 PM
Nice work!

280PLUS
March 26, 2003, 07:52 PM
i only wish i would be allowed to put it to good use on the 12 y.o. little tyrant female type thats throwing a screaming hairy cat fit in the can right now due to her inability to get the shower water temperature to her specific liking.

yeesh...

girls,,, i don't recommend them to anyone.

:cuss:

for sale, one kid, cheap, we'll pay you to take her

12.7x99mm
March 26, 2003, 09:25 PM
50 feet, scoped .22 ruger mkII

Those pistols are so scary acurate its scary. I actually hit a cd at 150 yards with mine last week (no scope) I took me two mags but I hit it.

Stevie-Ray
March 26, 2003, 09:44 PM
Well that tears it! I'm takin my Mark II to the range for some good ole fashioned fun this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

Nice piece o' work!

George Hill
March 26, 2003, 10:24 PM
Bravo.

280PLUS
March 27, 2003, 06:21 AM
i can take that ruger at bench rest at 50 ft and shoot ten rounds into a spot that can be covered with a dime.

the triggers do need work out of the box though, if i was to say something less than positive.

one other thing, that baby never jams...

m

Archie
March 27, 2003, 01:28 PM
I have to find a bullseye league around here somewhere!!!

I shot bullseye years ago, have some "big frog/small puddle" trophies. Now I'm getting my act together again... but I need to connect with some regular matches!

And that IS good shooting.

All the other handgun disciplines can do what they want, bullseye is the central handgun art. Once one gets the idea of sight alignment, sight picture and trigger control, all the other forms of handgun shooting get a lot easier.

Quantrill
March 27, 2003, 01:44 PM
Good Shootin'. Happy to see some of us still shoot the basics. Quantrill

coonan357
March 27, 2003, 01:52 PM
good shooting .. Note to self don't tick off 280 he will sell you off .

Monkeyleg
March 30, 2003, 06:49 PM
280Plus, thanks for the "95%" tip. The last couple of sessions at the range have resulted in sub-par targets, although I couldn't figure out why.

Today at the range, the first couple of targets looked like I was still in that rut. On the third, the first six shots were out of the black--some way out. Then I got to thinking about what you posted above. I took a break, refocused my thoughts, and did as you suggested. The remaining 19 rounds made one big hole out of the 3" black! The subsequent target wasn't one big hole, but was much better as well.

Thanks again.

280PLUS
March 30, 2003, 06:57 PM
i figure if you're all on my side i want you to shoot good!

i went today myself and shot a target for the "mail in match" here thats gonna scare em all...

maybe...

:evil:

addendum...

i just want to add that i am lucky enough to have last years connecticut state champ as my unofficial coach, he missed first place by 1.14 points this year.

so a lot of what i have been saying originated from him, one hour with him on a sunday a while back added about 20 points to my scoring.

just so we're giving credit where the credit is due.

i'm also luck enough to be on the same pistol team as him and the 3rd place shooter in the state, (missed 2nd by 1 point)

we are into our second year of being undefeated in the league.

any time you hang around with good shooters and pick up their little tips you can improve your own performance so i recommend joining that pistol league and getting to know the really good shots in your area.

m

If you enjoyed reading about "time to show off..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!