AP9 (tech9) Is it worth it?

PDA

RoookieShoooter
September 6, 2005, 06:02 PM
I have been looking at an Kimmel AP9 for a few weeks now and heres what I got from my "research"

To start it has the "flashy gangster" look, and thats just fine with me, Im in the market for something flashy. It has two things I really like as well; a 50 round mag and CHEAP ammo. What I dont know about it is if all 50 of thoes suckers are gunna go through or am I going to keep a pocket knife clenched in my teeth for some open breech surgery?

Second, I cant find any reviews on accuracy for it an that worries me. Am I not looking in the right places or is it just understood that accuracy, and the AP9 do not go hand in hand?

I really like what I have read about it so far but I would like some opinions before dropping $400-600 on one.

Thanks alot

Joe

If you enjoyed reading about "AP9 (tech9) Is it worth it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coronach
September 6, 2005, 06:23 PM
No.

WarMachine
September 6, 2005, 08:23 PM
I would never buy one personally; especially for 400-600 dollars. There are just far to many handguns on the market at that price point.

And I seriously doubt that it would ever make it through a fifty round magazine without jamming sporatically throughout.

I assume this will not be your first gun?

Seraph
September 6, 2005, 09:11 PM
Don't do it, man. You can get actual weapons, that work and stuff, for less money than that.

albanian
September 7, 2005, 08:18 PM
I think you got your guns mixed up, or maybe I have. I think a Kimmel is differnet than a Tec-9.
This is a Kimmel Ap-9
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36753632

This is a Intratec Tec-9 (AB-10)
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36753632

I don't know anything about the Kimmel but the Intratec is compleat garbage. Maybe the Kimmel is a better gun but I wouldn't spend that kind of jack for one. Get a AK-47 pistol if you want to have that kind of fun. AK pistols are now legal and they will beat anything made by Intratec in reliablity and accuracy.

Ascot500
September 8, 2005, 12:18 AM
I don't see any indication that any of the previous posters has actually shot an AP-9
I have.
Groups of 2 1/2" at 25 yards (not feet) are common.
This won't get you to Camp Perry, but will embarass pistols costing much more.
$400 for a nice one is not outrageous, $600 does seem steep.
This of course, is not a carry type weapon, but as kind of a short carbine, it does well.
You will have fun with one.

cRyWolfy
September 27, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, if you are still interested, I am selling my Kimmel AP9 Mini, it doesn't have the fluted shroud as the full size does. The barrel length is 2 inches shorter. The gun is very accurate and I just took it to the gunsmith to have everything checked out and everything is in working order. Bought it for $400 asking for $275 - Same State sells only. If from another state pick up is required to have gun registered.

Stasher1
September 27, 2010, 02:24 PM
Dude, take a close look at the date on the post right above yours. This discussion is over 5 yrs old. :rolleyes:

cRyWolfy
September 28, 2010, 02:05 PM
I know, but maybe someone was holdin off for it for the right price "wishful thinking." I myself have been holdin off for a Raging Bull 44mag for a while, which is practically why I am selling my AP9, so I can get my Raging Bull. Oh well...

yeti
September 28, 2010, 03:17 PM
This discussion is over 5 yrs old.

Yeah, but just barely.... :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "AP9 (tech9) Is it worth it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!