need opions on Chinese Tokarev 9mm

PDA

Scott13
March 26, 2003, 09:39 PM
I was thinking of getting a cheap 9mm for range use . And my Dad
is selling some of his gun collection , and has a some Tokarevs
a 30 caliber and a 9mm . I have ruled out the 30 because most ranges don't allow 30's indoors. But he has a 9mm and i was just wondering how durable these guns are ? and for $100 bucks i think it might be a great little cheap range gun . Just wondering if anyone has had experience with these guns ? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "need opions on Chinese Tokarev 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Erich
March 27, 2003, 10:26 AM
I had one of the Norinco 213s in the early '90s - sold it to a friend (for $100.00, by the way, in 1993) who needed a gun, and have regretted that sale ever since.

I used it for a range gun and for a "leave in the lockbox in the car" gun. It wasn't 100% with the hollowpoints I tried in it, so I loaded it with black-tip UZI-brand carbine ammo (probably what we'd now call +P). It worked fine. It was always great to shoot at the range, if not the most accurate gun I owned.

The TT-33 design is a fine descendant of the 1911, and it pretty nifty. If I could find a nice condition Chinese Tok for a bill, I'd buy it as quick as I could get my wallet out.

I love my Polish .30 Tok, by the way, and I enjoy shooting it more than I did the 9x19 - more accurate than my Norinco was, and the CRACK! of the 7.62x25 really turns heads. I understand why they don't want you shooting it in/through their indoor ranges, though - it's a penetrating SOB. And the 9x19 is certainly cheap.

Buy it! :D

Watch-Six
March 27, 2003, 11:34 AM
I briefly had three of them in 9mm. They all worked fine with FMJ ammo. I did not try hollow points. IMHO at $100 they are a heck of a deal. That is about what I paid for them and sold them for to upgrade to better pistols. I did notice that the magazines from one pistol would not necessarily fit into another pistol. I would buy another one for $100 if I ever get the chance. Watch-Six

If you enjoyed reading about "need opions on Chinese Tokarev 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!