German guns

PDA

Freightman
March 26, 2003, 11:39 PM
p

If you enjoyed reading about "German guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Handy
March 26, 2003, 11:43 PM
Americans are boycotting the war, in some cases refusing to donate blood.

I would boycott all American products as well.

Freightman
March 26, 2003, 11:56 PM
ssssss

New_comer
March 27, 2003, 06:14 AM
Errrrrr....

Did I miss sumthin'? :rolleyes:

BTW, I have a good one myself... ;)

Schuey2002
March 27, 2003, 11:07 AM
I have no problem with the German guns in my accumulation ..:p

Tamara
March 27, 2003, 11:23 AM
Funny, when my American guns go shooting, my German guns love to come along... :D

stretcharmstrong
March 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
All of you who are disgusted w/your German, American, or any other nationalities gun(s) please mail them to me. I'll make sure they get used....uh, I mean destroyed in the appropriate fashion. :D

DonGlock26
March 27, 2003, 12:54 PM
My overseas pistols were designed in Austria and Switzerland!

Schuey2002
March 27, 2003, 01:47 PM
.. but your Sig P225 and P232 were probably manufactured/assembled in Germany. ;)

Nathaniel Firethorn
March 27, 2003, 02:20 PM
Germans make great vacuum cleaners and guns.

Lousy cars, software, and politics.

- pdmoderator

Schuey2002
March 27, 2003, 03:44 PM
Lousy cars
BMW?? Mercedes-Benz?? Porsche?? Audi/Volkswagen??

Lousy cars ?!:scrutiny:

I take it you don't subscribe to Car and Driver magazine, do you? :rolleyes:

T.Stahl
March 27, 2003, 04:09 PM
Lousy cars? :what:

hansolo
March 27, 2003, 08:44 PM
Let's assume you are NOT a fan of Adolph Hitler and/Nazi-ism. (If you ARE, the A.C.L.U. will take care of you, no worries!)

Hitler pushed for the affordable and reliable VW. I won't buy a VW. I discovered that Gaston Glock is buddies with the Austrian politico who is a big fan of Adolph...I would assume Gaston shares these views. Would that bother you? It bothers me. Hitler is dead. Mr. Glock receives a few dollars for the Glock you buy. Ergo, you are helping to support a Nazi sympathizer when you buy a Glock. A wealthy and influential one.

Handy
March 27, 2003, 09:16 PM
The biggest murderer ever was Stalin. I hope none of you have any Russian firearms designed in the 30s, 40s or 50s.

Tamara
March 27, 2003, 09:40 PM
Here's my condolences for the dislocation of your shoulder from reaching so far on that one... :rolleyes:

Gewehr98
March 27, 2003, 10:17 PM
And a pic, just to insult Freightman's sensibilities!:neener:

http://mauser98.com/lugerdoubtfire.jpg

T.Stahl
March 28, 2003, 06:38 AM
Oh excrementum! I drive a Jetta (there are four VWs in my family), shoot a Glock and pay church tax (which was introduced by Hitler)! :what:

In turn I hope no one here drives a Ford, as it was the anti-judaic Henry Ford who inspired Adolf (not Adolph) Hitler to write Mein K(r)ampf*.

*) sorry for that pun ;)

Greg G
March 28, 2003, 10:28 AM
That's right. Adolph was a big fan of Henry Ford.

T.Stahl
March 28, 2003, 10:39 AM
And vice versa.

Handy
March 28, 2003, 10:47 AM
The point being, whether it's Measel infested blanket givers or a really good car idea by a khaki wearing maniac, there's plenty of reasons to hate just about every nationality ever.

If you would like to boycott every single product associated with every country that did something awful, start becoming self sufficient - there's blood on everybodies hands.

Or you can decide that it's often the leadership that makes the mistake, and most normal people in the world are pretty much the same. Your choice.

krept
March 28, 2003, 11:16 AM
I agree with Handy...

and that's some funny stuff Tam.

denfoote
March 28, 2003, 10:33 PM
p

Why P38 of course!! The original double action service pistol. One of the best guns ever designed!! :D

dump button
March 30, 2003, 01:48 PM
Schuey2002 wrote:

"I take it you don't subscribe to Car and Driver magazine, do you?"

Hmmm. Do you mean the same Car and Driver magazine that's owned by the French?

gudel
March 30, 2003, 02:49 PM
i have german gun, seems like a very well built, no problem using it. great product.
i guess they dont have french gun, well, if you keep surrendering, what's the point making a gun? :p

Schuey2002
March 30, 2003, 03:16 PM
Who cares?!

I could have used Road & Track magazine as my example, but they are owned by the same French :barf: (Hachette Fillipacchi Medias, S.A.) company;which happens to be "The World's Largest Publishers"..

What do you want me to do about it?! I'm not about to stop my subscriptions to either magazine just because their owners like to chew on snails for dinner!!:rolleyes: :barf:

dump button
March 30, 2003, 03:36 PM

SAWBONES
March 30, 2003, 04:01 PM
My German H&K P7M8s get along fine with my 1911s...

Ala Dan
March 30, 2003, 06:12 PM
Personally, I LOVE my West German SIG'S!

Not to mention H&K's and Walther's.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

BHP9
March 30, 2003, 07:04 PM
The biggest murderer ever was Stalin. I hope none of you have any Russian firearms designed in the 30s, 40s or 50s.

Three cheers for Hand, Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah.

Seriously folks , Handy is correct. Stalin probably killed 10 times the number of people Hitler did and to make it even worse it was his own people that he killed not another nationality.

BHP9
March 30, 2003, 07:13 PM
Or you can decide that it's often the leadership that makes the mistake, and most normal people in the world are pretty much the same. Your choice

Handy I wish every one in the world was half as intelligent as you are. Then maybe there would not be so many crazy wars being fought.

The fact that is was too difficult to assassinate Sadam so we had to go to war to get him is pure hogwash. No leader is invunerable. It just takes a little time and planning and you can knock anyone off. A .50 cent bullet would have done the trick and would have been a lot cheaper to boot.

Did you know that the British could have knocked off Hitler at their own choosing but chose not to because they believed rightly that he was more of a help to them in winning the war by keeping him alive rather than getting rid of him.

Sam
March 30, 2003, 10:49 PM
I have nothing against german firearms. I own a couple and they make nice hunting items.
On the other hand I would never obtain a service weapon from a country that has never won a war with it.

On the whole, Europeans are not pistoleros, their designs show it.

Sam

cratz2
March 30, 2003, 11:24 PM
Say what you want, but to quote Mr T., 'I pity the fool' that hasn't had the rewarding experience of driving a 535is (or similar) all over New England, down the coast to North Carolina and back through West Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucy in October. :(

http://photos.imageevent.com/cratz2/carscars//BMW3.jpg

Mike Irwin
March 31, 2003, 01:05 PM
Dang, I guess this explains why my Subaru tried to bomb Pearl Harbor this morning again...

I really need to get into it's computer and pull the "refight World War II in the Pacific" chip...

Handy
March 31, 2003, 07:21 PM
On the other hand I would never obtain a service weapon from a country that has never won a war with it.

How many Nato weapons are DIRECTLY derived from the service weapons of the those loosers, the Germans? (Hint, the US has at least two in current service.)

Sam
March 31, 2003, 09:08 PM
Handy,
I don't own either of them, don't plan to either.
I'm a 1911 and Garand man.
You don't know how happI was when we got rid of those M60's either. The M240 is much superior and still just an upside down BAR with a belt.

Sam

Tamara
April 1, 2003, 10:27 AM
Dang, I guess this explains why my Subaru tried to bomb Pearl Harbor this morning again...

I really need to get into it's computer and pull the "refight World War II in the Pacific" chip...

Tell me about it; I could swear I found hardpoints for a couple of hood-mounted Spandaus on my Zed Three. ;)

T.Stahl
April 1, 2003, 01:27 PM
I heard Mercedes is offering the new V12 S-Class with an optional MK108 between the cylinder banks. :D

Tamara
April 1, 2003, 01:32 PM
There's certainly room. ;)

(Mentally envisioning some guy at DaimlerChrysler smacking a riding crop against a picture of the new, bloated 7-series and bellowing "Ve cannot allow a land yacht gap!" a la a Germanic George C. Scott from Dr. Strangelove... :D )

T.Stahl
April 1, 2003, 01:50 PM
"The Maybach" or "Proof that they're still building Dreadnoughts". :D

Mike Irwin
April 1, 2003, 01:57 PM
"Tell me about it; I could swear I found hardpoints for a couple of hood-mounted Spandaus on my Zed Three."

Hum... That would be very useful for dealing with the traffic jams around here...

cratz2
April 1, 2003, 02:01 PM
"Ve cannot allow a land yacht gap!" a la a Germanic George C. Scott from Dr. Strangelove...

I don't know... I always thought Peter Sellers did a much better German than George C Scott. :p

Tamara
April 1, 2003, 02:22 PM
Yes, but that wasn't Peter Sellers line, it was George's, wasn't it?

Schuey2002
April 1, 2003, 02:45 PM
I heard Mercedes is offering the new V12 S-Class with an optional MK108 between the cylinder banks.
Wouldn't you rather own one of these. It's a vastly superior Mercedes, don't ya' think? :D
http://server3.janes.com/docs/idex/images/daily/89rheinmetall.jpg
Rheinmetall Landsyteme (LIV) w/ 40mm H&K GMG and 7.62 machine gun mounts built on a DaimlerChrysler Galaendewagen chassis.. :cool:

T.Stahl
April 1, 2003, 03:04 PM
Uuh, looks like a new toy for the guys in the Zeppelinkaserne*. :cool:

*) the German equivalent of Stirling Lines

JPoe
April 1, 2003, 04:26 PM

*L-O-L* Thanks Mike... I almost spewed my Diet Coke! :D

Gotta run...

My Chineese-made Nikes and DVD player are trying to force my 6-yr-old to make clothes again... :neener:

cratz2
April 1, 2003, 06:50 PM
Yes, but that wasn't Peter Sellers line, it was George's, wasn't it?

Hell, I don't know. It's been so long since I've seen it. Great movie though... :p

If you enjoyed reading about "German guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!